REPORT: Covington Catholic lawyer ‘looking very carefully’ at Bill Maher over ‘defamatory’ statements (VIDEO)
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
The attorney representing Covington Catholic high school student Nick Sandmann said Thursday that he is also “looking very carefully” at HBO’s Bill Maher for making “defamatory” statements against the 16-year-old in January.
The comments come after Sandmann filed a lawsuit against The Washington Post over its coverage of the student’s viral encounter with a Native American elder in Washington, D.C.
The article goes on to state the following:
Attorney Lin Wood told Fox News that in addition to the Post, his legal team is also looking at other outlets, including CNN and HBO.
“Well, certainly CNN and Bill Maher did things that we consider to have crossed the line. We think the statements they made are defamatory. They’re not humorous,” Wood said. “So certainly Bill Maher is somebody that we’re looking at very carefully, and HBO, for allowing him to make those defamatory statements.”
— The Hill (@thehill) February 22, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Mark Meadows: US ambassadors conspired with DOJ to take down Trump
- BREAKING: Family releases surprising cause of death for Obama’s top economic adviser
- BREAKING: Ocasio-Cortez Quietly Removed From Board Of PAC She Controlled
- BREAKING: Top Obama economic adviser dies suddenly at 58
- REPORT: Roy Blunt kicked from GOP event over border wall emergency vote
- BREAKING: Supreme Court hands Trump administration a victory in immigration battle
- REPORT: Facebook blocks Trump’s social media chief: ‘Why are you silencing me?’
- REPORT: Actor who fought AGAINST ISIS is having trouble gaining re-entry to U.S.
- REPORT: RNC Addresses Omar’s Op-Ed Calling For A ‘Two-State Solution’
- Trump Tweets videos from Hannity, Levin and Carlson