REPORT: Crenshaw applauds free speech law, blasts ‘coddled’ students
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Rep. Dan Crenshaw, R-Texas, praised Texas Gov. Greg Abbott for signing a campus free speech law banning so-called free speech zones that allow only certain viewpoints to be expressed on college campuses across the state.
“The First Amendment is under constant attack by those who shut down ideas they can’t contend with,” Crenshaw said Monday. “The University is a place for students to grapple with new ideas and opinions, not be coddled.”
The article goes on to state the following:
The law requires state schools in Texas to use more content-neutral standards when deciding who can come to campus to speak or which student organizations can use official campus resources.
The First Amendment is under constant attack by those who shut down ideas they can’t contend with. The University is a place for students to grapple with new ideas and opinions, not be coddled.
Good for Texas! https://t.co/rGyGkC9HAR
— Rep. Dan Crenshaw (@RepDanCrenshaw) June 10, 2019
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) June 11, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Schiff declares ‘time is running out’ for Mueller
- Fox advertiser: Fox viewers are ‘f-ing idiots’
- BREAKING: Feds swarm ship in Philly port, announce ‘one of largest cocaine seizures in U.S. history’ [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Pelosi makes shocking statement about Trump after deportation announcement
- VIDEO: CNN cuts away from Trump rally after crowd chants ‘CNN sucks’
- REPORT: Fotis Dulos and girlfriend plead not guilty, even as chilling details emerge on his missing Connecticut wife
- VIDEO: ISIS images of a beheaded Scandinavian were sent to victim’s MOTHER
- REPORT: Former Bachelor star Melissa Rycroft ill after trip to Dominican Republic
- TRUMP TWEETS: Outrage over Hope Hicks testimony, slams Dems, witch hunt and more!
- REPORT: Democrats refuse to accept Trump’s new proposal for border wall