REPORT: Cummings says young migrants are victims of ‘government-sponsored child abuse’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
House Oversight Committee Chair Elijah Cummings (D-Md.) called the treatment of migrant children at facilities on the U.S. border with Mexico “government-sponsored child abuse” in a news conference Thursday, according to the Dallas Morning News.
“They say they have all the supplies they need, and they say that all of the allegations of mistreatment are – and I quote – `unsubstantiated.’ We will not be blinded by what we see,” Cummings said Wednesday before a hearing on conditions in the facilities.
The article goes on to state the following:
“We have seen cases where the administration has deported parents without their children and still, to this day, have not reunited those families,” he added. “This is government sponsored child abuse … on a grand scale.”
“Cummings, a Maryland Democrat who leads the House Oversight and Reform Committee, says everyone in the country should be able to agree that anyone in U.S. government custody should be treated humanely,” Time reported. “A surge in the number of migrants crossing the border has overwhelmed border facilities. The number of people crossing the border dropped in June, but still topped 100,000 people.”
— The Japan Times (@japantimes) July 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: AOC makes shocking statement about Mitch McConnell
- REPORT: Trump Administration Makes Decision On Granting Venezuelans Temporary Protection
- BREAKING: Retired Supreme Court Justice dies at age 99
- REPORT: Screenwriter Behind ‘The Hate U Give,’ Dies Day Before Film Premiere
- EXCLUSIVE: Chris Pratt criticized for wearing patriotic flag shirt; here’s how you can take a stand
- REPORT: Trump fires back with blistering tweet at Tillerson over Putin statement
- REPORT: 18-year-old pilot and pageant queen dies in fiery plane crash
- Team DML Membership Confirmation
- VIDEO: Kevin McCarthy condemns House vote on Trump’s ‘go back’ comments
- REPORT: Priest’s son charged in murder of American biologist in Greece as grisly new details emerge