REPORT: Cyclist who flipped off Trump’s motorcade now running for public office
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WashingtonPost:
Juli Briskman, the cyclist who flashed her middle finger at President Trump’s motorcade — and lost her job at a government contracting firm as a result — is parlaying an act of resistance into a run for local office in Northern Virginia.
The 51-year-old marketing executive said this week she will file the paperwork to challenge Suzanne M. Volpe, a Republican who represents the Algonkian District on the Loudoun County Board of Supervisors in 2019.
The article goes on to state the following:
Briskman said she didn’t consider seeking public office until last October, when she was forced out of her government contracting job for, as she sees it, exercising her First Amendment rights.
“We have a right to peacefully protest and criticize and express dissent toward our government,” she said in a phone interview Tuesday.
“I’ve gotten some feedback that folks say you should respect the president. Even if you don’t like what they’re doing, you shouldn’t show this sort of disdain. And I simply disagree, and I think the Constitution grants me that privilege.”
Would she do it again? “Probably,” she said.
The cyclist who flipped off Trump’s motorcade is running for public office https://t.co/zEs1z5Cv5O
— Washington Post (@washingtonpost) September 12, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by WashingtonPost, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
— CBC Radio (@cbcradio) April 6, 2018
TODAY, FEMALE CYCLIST WHO FLIPPED OFF TRUMP MOTORCADE SUES HER EMPLOYER
Single VA Mother, @julibriskman, Has Sued Her Former Govt. Contractor Employer, Akima LLC, for firing her…Briskman says she was fired because her employer feared Govt. retribution.pic.twitter.com/mlLCFwIl56
— 𝑻𝒓𝒖𝒎𝒑’𝒔 𝒁𝒐𝒎𝒃𝒊𝒆𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒅 ❄️ (@StevenReyCristo) April 5, 2018
— Rolling Stone (@RollingStone) November 6, 2017
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WashingtonPost
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Should Kavanagh be confirmed to the Supreme Court?
- REPORT: Hundreds of teen gangsters go on terrorizing rampage, police close amusement park
- REPORT: Kavanaugh classmates rescind names from statement rejecting second accuser’s allegation
- BREAKING: Senate panel schedules vote for Kavanaugh
- REPORT: Kavanaugh accuser’s lawyer sends letter with new complaint about hearing
- BREAKING: Was Avenatti ‘duped’ by bombshell Kavanaugh claims?
- REPORT: 23-year old pageant winner dramatically STRIPPED of her crown for ‘lie’ (video/pictures)
- REPORT: Kavanaugh’s Yearbook Page Is ‘Horrible, Hurtful’ to Woman It Named
- VIDEO: UN audience laughs when Trump remarks on achievements
- BREAKING: Senators told to expect to be in town this weekend: See why