REPORT: D-Day hero surprised by friends, family with party on 95th birthday
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
A British World War II veteran who received the Chevalier de la Legion d’Honneur for his bravery as a teenager celebrated his 95th birthday Sunday with a surprise party.
Hubert Miller was just 19 when he stormed the Normandy beaches to help liberate German-occupied France in June 1944 along with thousands of other Allied soldiers.
The article goes on to state the following:
Hubert, who was awarded the highest French order of merit three years ago for his brave actions that day, served in the British Royal Artillery regiment during the war.
As the nation remembered its war dead Sunday, the day took on an extra poignancy for Hubert as it fell on his 95th birthday.
The sprightly great-grandfather attended his local remembrance service as he does every year before his family surprised him with a birthday party at his home.
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- COMMENTARY: Kobach: The Riots Remind Us Why We Need the Second Amendment
- WATCH: CNN’s Jim Acosta Shouts at Trump: ‘Is This Still a Democracy?’
- REPORT: Lincoln Memorial and WWII Memorial among DC landmarks vandalized during riots [PHOTOS]
- BREAKING: Trump approval at Gallup ‘highest,’ better than Obama, Bush
- EXCLUSIVE: Hillary Clinton taunts Trump with two photos, and two words
- REPORT: Trump tells governors on call what they must do with rioters
- REPORT: Facebook employees stage ‘virtual walkout’ over Trump
- REPORT: Actress Hopeful After Protesters Breach Perimeter Near White House
- VIDEO: Democratic congresswoman says she got pepper-sprayed at George Floyd protest