REPORT: Dad of tourist killed by ‘drunk’ driver tearfully recalls final conversation
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by NYPost.com:
The grief-stricken dad of the Australian bicyclist killed by an accused boozed-up driver near Central Park has revealed the heartbreaking last conversation he had with his daughter.
“Our girl was on the trip of a lifetime, and she’d only spoken to me I think the previous day … and said, ‘Dad, can you believe your little girl is in New York City?’ ” teary-eyed dad Andrew Lyden told Tasmania’s Southern Cross News. “For her to be taken from us in such a horrific way is gut-wrenching. Words can’t describe how heartbreaking this is.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Madison Jane Lyden, 23, was pedaling along Central Park West near West 67th Street around 4:40 p.m. Friday when an Uber strayed into the bike lane, forcing her to swerve out of the way, according to authorities.
Lyden veered into the neighboring lane, where she was run over by a private sanitation truck.
She died at Roosevelt Hospital.
The truck’s driver, Felipe Chairez, was hit with a slew of charges, including DWI, after cops found three empty beer cans inside his truck and he admitted to drinking two, prosecutors charge.
“Madison was a beautiful, beautiful daughter. She was loyal and loving,” added her father. “I used to call her our star, and she was a star.”
Felipe Chairez was arraigned in Manhattan Criminal Court on Saturday. Chairez struck Australian tourist Madison Jane Lyden with the garbage truck he was driving a day earlier. https://t.co/4fsQ6KTymO
— Richard Sparks (@HoneybadgerAVP) August 13, 2018
Madison Jane Lyden, a 23-year-old Australian tourist, was struck and killed by a garbage truck driver on Friday in NYC. The driver who was allegedly intoxicated — cops found three beer cans in his truck. https://t.co/K7OFySaOWs
— Tim Stenovec (@timsteno) August 12, 2018
TONIGHT | The drink driving charge for a garbage truck driver who fatally struck Tasmanian tourist Madison Jane Lyden. pic.twitter.com/w0fP8oPNzM
— 7 News Melbourne (@7NewsMelbourne) August 12, 2018
— Geelong Advertiser (@geelongaddy) August 12, 2018
— Nine News Gold Coast (@9NewsGoldCoast) August 12, 2018
An Australian tourist killed when she was hit by a garbage truck while riding a bike beside New York’s Central Park has been identified as 23-year-old Tasmanian Madison Jane Lyden. https://t.co/JmHZdb6Qbi
— Mercury (@themercurycomau) August 11, 2018
— TransAlt (@TransAlt) August 11, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by NYPost.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting NYPost.com
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: New Mexico compound mysteriously destroyed by authorities
- REPORT: Backlash erupts over top exec of famous hot dog brand hosting Trump fundraiser
- REPORT: Federal judge orders Trump to reinstate Obama-era rule
- REPORT: Family of 7 dies on end-of-summer trip
- REPORT: NYT gives estimate of tapes Omarosa believed to have in stash
- UPDATE: Bodies believed to be pregnant Colorado mom, kids found on oil property (video)
- REPORT: Review of emails from DOJ’s Bruce Ohr reveals new details on dossier scandal
- BREAKING: Court deals another blow to Trump delay of an Obama regulation
- REPORT: Student stabs classmate multiple times on first day of school (VIDEO)
- REPORT: Satanic Temple brings demonic statue to state capitol to protest Ten Commandments monument