REPORT: Dan Crenshaw slams USA fencer who knelt for anthem in fiery rebuke
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Texas Republican Rep. Dan Crenshaw scolded an American Olympic athlete over the weekend after he knelt as the national anthem was played before the Pan American Games — a demonstration the athlete said was made to highlight America’s flaws.
“This week I am honored to represent Team USA at the Pan Am Games, taking home Gold and Bronze. My pride however has been cut short by the multiple shortcomings of the country I hold so dear to my heart. Racism, Gun Control, mistreatment of immigrants,” USA fencer Race Imboden tweeted. “I chose to sacrifice my moment today at the top of the podium to call attention to issues that I believe need to be addressed. I encourage others to please use your platforms for empowerment and change.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Crenshaw, a U.S. Navy Seal and Texas native, said that Imboden’s words ring hollow and out-of-touch.
“If you think this is ‘sacrifice’, you are delusional,” he responded.”All you’ve done is haphazardly denounced the entirety of our country because of its imperfections.”
“You and your fellow athletes have only succeeded in politicizing one of the few things that still unite us: sports,” Crenshaw added.
If you think this is “sacrifice”, you are delusional.
All you’ve done is haphazardly denounced the entirety of our country because of its imperfections.
You and your fellow athletes have only succeeded in politicizing one of the few things that still unite us: sports. https://t.co/Wpi9qdlQo3
— Dan Crenshaw (@DanCrenshawTX) August 12, 2019
and a president who spreads hate are at the top of a long list.
I chose to sacrifie my moment today at the top of the podium to call attention to issues that I believe need to be addressed. I encourage others to please use your platforms for empowerment and change.
— Race Imboden (@Race_Imboden) August 10, 2019
“All you’ve done is haphazardly denounced the entirety of our country because of its imperfections,”
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) August 12, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Text messaging startup that aided Dem campaigns in midterms fires huge portion of its staff
- REPORT: Doctor accused of being drunk at work indicted in deaths of three patients
- REPORT: Judge allows Trump to appeal Democrats’ emoluments lawsuit
- TRILOGY DVD (They Come to America I, II, and III)
- REPORT: Parents outraged as CA preps graphic sex ed program
- REPORT: San Francisco to scrub ‘dehumanizing labels’ from criminals
- REPORT: Woman found dead in garbage chute at Anthony Weiner’s former address (VIDEO)
- REPORT: Federal judge decides on DHS request to force feed immigrant detainee on hunger strike
- How You Can Help Stop Amnesty
- VIDEO: Watchdog alerts Trump that border agency violated DNA collection law for years, letting violent criminals walk free [READ LETTER]