REPORT: A Day After U.S. Airstrikes in Syria, Assad Launches New Onslaught Against Rebels
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WSJ.com:
BEIRUT—Syrian armed forces on Sunday unleashed airstrikes against rebels and shelled what rescue workers said were civilian homes, demonstrating President
The American, French and British barrage of missiles on Saturday destroyed much of Syria’s chemical-weapons capabilities, U.S. Defense Department officials said, but left Mr. Assad’s conventional military intact. American officials said the strikes were retaliation for a suspected regime attack with chlorine and nerve gas on Eastern Ghouta near Damascus on April 7 but weren’t designed to topple Mr. Assad or change the course of a war tilting in his favor.
It is important to note that the article goes on to state the following:
Less than 36 hours after the Western attack, Syria’s civil war grinded on almost as if nothing happened, with Mr. Assad’s forces moving against areas outside regime control north of Damascus.
Regime planes conducted at least 28 strikes in the countryside of Homs and Hama followed by artillery shelling, including on civilian areas, the White Helmets rescue group said on Sunday.
On Saturday, the regime took full control of Douma, the scene of the suspected chemical weapons attack and the last rebel-held pocket of Eastern Ghouta, which had been under siege for five years.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WSJ.com.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Kavanaugh accuser’s husband speaks out
- BREAKING: Grassley sets new conditions for Kavanaugh accuser (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Kavanaugh accuser makes announcement about testifying before Congress
- BREAKING: House Judiciary makes announcement about ‘McCabe Memos’
- BREAKING: Spokesman for GOP on Kavanaugh nomination resigns after his own past comes to light
- VIDEO: Trump makes vow about ‘lingering stench’ at DOJ, FBI
- REPORT: Dozens of deaths in military parade attack
- POLL: Do you agree with Grassley extending Kavanaugh accuser’s deadline
- REPORT: Fans complain about Michelle Obama book tour tickets
- BREAKING: Attorneys for Kavanaugh accuser make another request in negotiations over testimony