REPORT: DC art exhibit mocks Ivanka Trump with lookalike vacuuming up crumbs (PHOTOS)
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
A new art exhibit allows visitors to toss crumbs at an Ivanka Trump lookalike, who swiftly vacuums them up with a smile on her face.
The art piece from CulturalDC is called “Ivanka Vacuuming,” and features a model meant to resemble the 37-year-old White House adviser and daughter to President Trump.
The article goes on to state the following:
Guests to the Flashpoint Gallery in Washington are invited to throw crumbs onto a plush pink carpet and watch as the Trump double makes them disappear with help of the vacuum, over and over again.
The piece from New York-based artist Jennifer Rubell is “simultaneously a visual celebration of a contemporary feminine icon; a portrait of our own relationship to that figure; and a questioning of our complicity in her role-playing,” according to a news release.
Jennifer Rubell’s performance-art piece ‘Ivanka Vacuuming’ opens at Flashpoint Gallery tonight. Members of the public are invited to throw crumbs for “Ivanka” to vacuum up. There is a livestream. https://t.co/XGvv8ay1kR pic.twitter.com/urd3MWvIqN
— Amanda Kolson Hurley (@amandakhurley) February 1, 2019
— DCist (@DCist) February 4, 2019
Seeking artists for an upcoming performance art installation in Downtown DC. Female, chest-length blonde hair, white, between 5’9-5’11”, and available from about 5-8pm February 1-17. Requires standing for two hours. PAID! Please message us if you/friend fit this description! pic.twitter.com/9232ghSKkk
— CulturalDC (@Cultural_DC) January 22, 2019
— CulturalDC (@Cultural_DC) February 1, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) February 4, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Father-of-three blows up home on day of daughter’s wedding
- EXCLUSIVE: Bombshell report from Border Patrol proves urgent need for IMMEDIATE action
- VIDEO: Crowd jeers during military ceremony at Portland soccer game. See why.
- REPORT: Liberal paper passed on thinly sourced Kavanaugh story before NYT published it
- REPORT: Kim Jong Un sends invitation to President Trump
- Growing ‘Garbage Patch’ in ocean is 3 times the size of France (videos)
- TRUMP TWEETS: Touts WaPo story, fighting ‘fake news’ and ‘RINOS’
- BREAKING: Oil prices surge after attack cuts Saudi Arabian supplies
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez makes request on Manafort being sent to Rikers Island