REPORT: De Blasio to Trump: ‘See you in court’ over new rule for immigrants
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio announced that the city will take the Trump administration to court over a new rule that will prohibit entry to immigrants or deny visa renewals based on their reliance to government benefits.
“The President is launching a direct assault on our immigrant brothers and sisters. The America we know was built by hardworking dreamers from all over the world,” de Blasio, a 2020 Democratic presidential candidate, said in a Monday press statement. “That’s the America we’re fighting to protect. To our immigrant New Yorkers: We stand with you now and always. To our president: We’ll see you in court.”
The article goes on to state the following:
New York City’s Office of Immigrant Affair’s Commissioner Bitta Mostofi concurred with the mayor, saying, “The ‘public charge’ rule is yet another attempt by the Trump administration to instill fear and concern among working immigrant families, but rest assured — New Yorkers are fighters and the city will do everything in our power to ensure people have the resources they need to at this critical time.”
Immigrants seeking green cards and legal status must first prove that they will not be a burden to the U.S. The new rules say U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services officers will weigh public assistance and factors such as education, household income, and health when determining whether to grant legal status.
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Fox contributor files $15M defamation suit for ‘reckless disregard for the truth’ against media outlet
- VIDEO: Michelle Obama declares she’s ‘waiting to be asked’ for help by Democratic nominee
- VIDEO: Video captures horrifying moment of deadly New Zealand volcano eruption, Americans among tourists trapped on island
- VIDEO: Witness makes admission about Ukranian phone call, Schiff jumps in to halt Nunes’s questioning
- VIDEO: Impeachment prediction: Obama will be nailed in the end
- REPORT: Mother of San Bernardino terrorist fighting DOJ over life insurance
- REPORT: Social Security announces Cost of Living increase for 2020
- EXCLUSIVE: Speculation running wild over mystery about Pelosi’s nose [PHOTOS]
- BREAKING: Chilling new details revealed about Saudi students’ actions before Florida naval base attack [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Rudy Giuliani snaps at Fox News host: ‘I’m embarrassing you’