REPORT: Deal with accuser leads to change for vote on Kavanaugh
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
The Senate Judiciary Committee has formally postponed a vote on Brett Kavanaugh’s Supreme Court nomination after reaching a deal on a hearing with Christine Blasey Ford, the woman accusing him of sexual misconduct.
Aides for Grassley said that as a result of getting a deal with Ford to testify publicly on Thursday, the Monday vote will be postponed.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Chairman Grassley has also postponed the committee’s vote on Judge Kavanaugh’s nomination previously scheduled for Monday,” Grassley’s office said in an email to reporters.
Grassley’s staff did not say for when the vote would be rescheduled, but it would likely be delayed until at least next week. Republicans hold a one-seat majority on the committee, meaning if they all vote for Kavanaugh he would get the support needed to be reported favorably to the full Senate.
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell emphatically stated Monday that, “Judge Kavanaugh will be voted on here on the Senate floor. Up or down on the Senate floor.”
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- OpEd: Venezuelan who fled socialism publishes alarming warning on Ocasio-Cortez’s ‘Green New Deal’
- REPORT: Democrat congress members took $60,000 trip to attend Beyonce concert in South Africa
- BREAKING: ‘Empire’ producers announce decision on Jussie Smollett following charges
- VIDEO: Roseanne Barr releases video blasting Ocasio-Cortez and socialism
- VIDEO: Trump has a plan to deal with attempt to block emergency order
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez rips media for reporting on her new luxury high-rise
- VIDEO: State senator calls U.S. flag a ‘rag,’ compares it to Nazi symbol, GOP senator gives emotional response
- REPORT: Covington Catholic lawyer ‘looking very carefully’ at Bill Maher over ‘defamatory’ statements (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Singer R. Kelly Charged With Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse
- VIDEO: Jussie Smollett disses Donald Trump in leaked video of scrapped ‘Drop the Mic’ episode