REPORT: Deal with accuser leads to change for vote on Kavanaugh
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
The Senate Judiciary Committee has formally postponed a vote on Brett Kavanaugh’s Supreme Court nomination after reaching a deal on a hearing with Christine Blasey Ford, the woman accusing him of sexual misconduct.
Aides for Grassley said that as a result of getting a deal with Ford to testify publicly on Thursday, the Monday vote will be postponed.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Chairman Grassley has also postponed the committee’s vote on Judge Kavanaugh’s nomination previously scheduled for Monday,” Grassley’s office said in an email to reporters.
Grassley’s staff did not say for when the vote would be rescheduled, but it would likely be delayed until at least next week. Republicans hold a one-seat majority on the committee, meaning if they all vote for Kavanaugh he would get the support needed to be reported favorably to the full Senate.
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell emphatically stated Monday that, “Judge Kavanaugh will be voted on here on the Senate floor. Up or down on the Senate floor.”
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Trending on DML News
- UPDATE: David Ortiz shooting: Authorities reveal plot to kill ‘Big Papi’, 6 detained
- REPORT: Mom posts warning about popular video game after 7-year-old’s avatar ‘violently gang raped’
- VIDEO: Trump presents Medal of Honor to Staff Sergeant David Bellavia
- REPORT: Tear Gas And Cages: What Immigration Enforcement Looked Like Under Vice President Joe Biden (PICTURES)
- REPORT: Gillibrand announces progress toward securing 9/11 victim benefits
- REPORT: ‘Latinos For Trump’ Launching In Miami as Democrats target Florida Hispanics for 2020
- EXCLUSIVE: Landowner of private border wall faces charges, prison (video)
- REPORT: Heartbreaking footage reveals Venezuela crisis as mother forced to carry dead daughter through streets
- REPORT: Young female cop shot and killed just 2 weeks after being sworn in
- Text messages discredit anti-gun march organizer’s alleged statement claiming Hunter Pollack was invited to speak at march