REPORT: Dem governor fights back after Trump sues state over sanctuary policy
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by NJ.COM:
A day after President Donald Trump’s administration filed a lawsuit seeking to overturn controversial restrictions on when police New Jersey can cooperate with federal immigration officials, Gov. Phil Murphy on Tuesday vowed to defend the policy “with great vigor.”
Murphy, a Democrat who frequently criticizes Trump, said the Republican president is simply trying to “vilify” immigrants as he seeks re-election in November.
The article goes on to state the following:
And Murphy argued that the restrictions are designed to make the Garden State a safer place for all residents.
The governor released a statement, declaring, “Fearmongering for the purposes of an election only further complicates the work of law enforcement and jeopardizes public safety. We will continue to provide a welcoming and inclusive home for our immigrant communities.”
The Trump administration filed a lawsuit over New Jersey rules that limit what police officers can share with ICE agents.
— NJ.com (@njdotcom) February 12, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit NJ.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Wife of former New Jersey mayor found dead from self-inflicted gunshot
- REPORT: The Nurse Was Holding Up. Then Her 3 Close Relatives Were Brought In.
- VIDEO: Here’s when New York’s coronavirus apex is likely to hit
- UPDATE: New York’s darkest day: Cuomo gives stunning new figures on state’s coronavirus deaths
- REPORT: Maryland governor issues emergency order in response to coronavirus spread
- REPORT: Leaked papers reveal SHOCKING coronavirus cases, deaths that US hospitals are secretly preparing for
- BREAKING: China makes admission about coronavirus whistleblower doctor punished by police, who died from the virus
- REPORT: New York co-op kicked volunteering doctor out of brother’s apartment
- REPORT: NY hospitals treating coronavirus patients with VITAMIN after promising results
- VIDEO: Dr. Fauci estimates when social distancing guidelines can be lifted