REPORT: Dem lawmaker brings coat hanger to briefing to denounce Trump’s SCOTUS pick
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Rep. Lois Frankel (D-Fla.) on Wednesday brought a coat hanger to a briefing to denounce President Trump’s nominee for the Supreme Court, Brett Kavanaugh, whose appointment liberals fear could endanger abortion rights.
At the briefing, the Democratic lawmaker held up the metal coat hanger while discussing Kavanaugh and the potential for the Trump nominee to vote to overturn Roe v. Wade, the landmark case that guaranteed a woman’s right to an abortion.
The article goes on to state the following:
“I’m alarmed that five men will take us back to these days, I call them days of coat hanger medicine,” Frankel said to reporters, while also discussing a friend she found “nearly dead” at 15 years old after having a “back alley abortion.”
Rep. Lois Frankel, D-Fla., brought a hanger to pen and pad talking about Kavanaugh’s nomination to Supreme Court.
“I’m alarmed that five men will take us bad to these days, I call them days of coat hanger medicine.” pic.twitter.com/rBqULNslpF
— Laura Barrón-López (@lbarronlopez) July 11, 2018
Earlier this month, abortion rights activists reportedly sent Republican Sen. Susan Collins (Maine) wire coat hangers in the mail in an effort to press her to vote against any Supreme Court nominee who would overturn Roe v. Wade.
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Ohio woman’s cancer disappears after groundbreaking clinical trial
- VIDEO: Two Youth Severely Injured after Falling off Border Wall
- BREAKING: Mexico is closing off border in key region
- VIDEO: Convicted child abuser goes berserk, attacks prosecutors in courtroom at sentencing
- BREAKING: Republican-led Senate breaks with Trump on Saudi vote
- BREAKING: Publisher of National Enquirer claims it paid hush money to help Trump
- BREAKING: Kansas state Republican switches party affiliation to Democrat
- BREAKING: House passes $867 billion farm bill, giving Trump major win
- REPORT: Incoming NY Attorney General claims she’ll do everything in her power to investigate Trump, and his family
- REPORT: Bah humbug! Trump CANCELS the traditional White House Christmas Party