REPORT: Dem lawmaker brings coat hanger to briefing to denounce Trump’s SCOTUS pick
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Rep. Lois Frankel (D-Fla.) on Wednesday brought a coat hanger to a briefing to denounce President Trump’s nominee for the Supreme Court, Brett Kavanaugh, whose appointment liberals fear could endanger abortion rights.
At the briefing, the Democratic lawmaker held up the metal coat hanger while discussing Kavanaugh and the potential for the Trump nominee to vote to overturn Roe v. Wade, the landmark case that guaranteed a woman’s right to an abortion.
The article goes on to state the following:
“I’m alarmed that five men will take us back to these days, I call them days of coat hanger medicine,” Frankel said to reporters, while also discussing a friend she found “nearly dead” at 15 years old after having a “back alley abortion.”
Rep. Lois Frankel, D-Fla., brought a hanger to pen and pad talking about Kavanaugh’s nomination to Supreme Court.
“I’m alarmed that five men will take us bad to these days, I call them days of coat hanger medicine.” pic.twitter.com/rBqULNslpF
— Laura Barrón-López (@lbarronlopez) July 11, 2018
Earlier this month, abortion rights activists reportedly sent Republican Sen. Susan Collins (Maine) wire coat hangers in the mail in an effort to press her to vote against any Supreme Court nominee who would overturn Roe v. Wade.
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Hundreds of Yale alumnae take action against Kavanaugh with open letter
- REPORT: Kavanaugh’s Yearbook Page Is ‘Horrible, Hurtful’ to Woman It Named
- BREAKING: McConnell makes big announcement about Kavanaugh vote in fiery speech (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Kavanaugh fires back at latest allegation, releases letter
- REPORT: Conservative millennial commentator SLAMS Obamas, telling former first lady to ‘sit down’
- BREAKING: Maryland police respond to claim about investigating Kavanaugh allegations
- REPORT: Letter from Kavanaugh accuser to Grassley released to public, Grassley responds
- REPORT: Deal with accuser leads to change for vote on Kavanaugh
- BREAKING: International human rights group demands halt of Kavanaugh nomination for new bizarre allegation
- BREAKING: Ted Cruz Chased Out Of DC Restaurant By Anti-Kavanaugh Protesters (VIDEO)