REPORT: Dem Overpays for Land from Future Donor
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FreeBeacon:
A man who sold a plot of land for double its assessed value to Democrat congressional candidate Dan McCready later made two donations to the campaign.
McCready, who turns 36 next week, is the party’s nominee in a special congressional election for North Carolina’s 9th District. In 2016, he purchased a parcel of land from John Leekley in Rutherford County for $1.2 million, more than double the assessed value in tax records. Although tax assessments do not always reflect market or transactional values, McCready also appears to have undervalued the property on his 2018 congressional campaign finance disclosure, an action that is now drawing scrutiny from a D.C.-based ethics watchdog.
The article goes on to state the following:
Records from Rutherford County show a sale in 2016 of the tract of land comprised of about 524 acres from Leekley to DL Land Ventures, LLC, a limited liability company formed by McCready. The sale price was $1,214,500. Tax records from 2017 and 2018 for the plot show a “real value” assessment of $577,300. The latest property summary shows the 2019 appraised value of land at $593,300, according to a county revenue website.
CLICK THE LINK BELOW to read more of this report.
— Free Beacon (@FreeBeacon) July 11, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit FreeBeacon. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Justice Dept unseals 11-count indictment linked to Russian bribery, Uranium One
- Text messages discredit anti-gun march organizer’s alleged statement claiming Hunter Pollack was invited to speak at march
- BREAKING: Key Cabinet Member Tells Trump He Will Resign After Ukraine Controversy
- REPORT: Jim Acosta fires off tweets aimed at Trump’s presidential address
- PHOTO: Stormy Daniels announces Playboy photo shoot
- CLAIM: Secret Document Reveals China Covertly Offering Missiles and Aid to N. Korea
- REPORT: ICE identifies hundreds of migrants lying about their family status
- POLL: Should Fox News bring Megyn Kelly back to their network?