REPORT: Democratic Congresswoman Calls Out Fellow Democrats for ‘Religious Bigotry’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by NATIONALREVIEW.COM:
Representative Tulsi Gabbard, a Democrat from Hawaii, published an op-ed in The Hill yesterday, implicitly criticizing two of her fellow Democratic congresswomen for subjecting a judicial nominee to a religious test as a result of his Catholic faith and his long-time membership in the Knights of Columbus.
Though she doesn’t mention them by name, Gabbard was referring to Democratic senators Kamala Harris (Calif.) and Mazie Hirono (Hawaii), both of whom have targeted federal judicial nominee Brian Buescher for his Catholicism, and the latter of whom has demanded that he drop his membership in the Knights and recuse himself from any case on which the organization has taken a position.
The article goes on to state the following:
Gabbard does explicitly cite the controversial comments of Senator Dianne Feinstein (D., Calif.), who in the fall of 2017 questioned circuit-court nominee Amy Coney Barrett about her Catholic faith during her confirmation hearing, saying, “The dogma lives loudly within you, and that’s of concern.” Feinstein’s remark received significant backlash from the right, and from Catholics in particular, who rightly noted the senator’s obvious implication that practicing Catholics are not suited to serve on U.S. courts as a result of their faith.
— Newt Gingrich (@newtgingrich) January 9, 2019
Tulsi Gabbard is the only principled Leftist in America. https://t.co/FVisLWMKKW
— Simon Magus (@Treuburg) January 9, 2019
Wow: Mazie Hirono spox knocks Tulsi Gabbard for op-ed on “religious bigotry” over Qs for Trump judicial nominee.
“It is unfortunate that Congresswoman Gabbard based her misguided opinion on the far-right wing manipulation of these straightforward Qs.” https://t.co/Nf7QLr9oMy
— Alex Seitz-Wald (@aseitzwald) January 9, 2019
Tulsi Gabbard calls out the anti-Catholic religious bigotry of Senator Feinstein https://t.co/neU870mGs6
— starrick1 (@starrick1) January 9, 2019
Rep. Gabbard Accuses Fellow Dems of Stoking ‘Bigotry’ for Questioning Court Pick’s Knights of Columbus Ties https://t.co/yX2JJLNuEW
— Jan Kovac (@janartfan) January 9, 2019
Rep. Gabbard accuses fellow Dems of stoking ‘bigotry’ for questioning court pick’s Knights of Columbus tieshttps://t.co/r8jmooM3vK
It’s really the border they r fighting about lol
— Ed Adams (@EdAdams43162358) January 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit NATIONALREVIEW.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Rep. Gaetz makes rare move to join Dem on amendment to block Trump on Iran
- BREAKING: Minnesota Lawmaker Calls For Ethics Investigation Into Rep. Ilhan Omar [VIDEO]
- UPDATE: David Ortiz shooting: Authorities reveal plot to kill ‘Big Papi’, 6 detained
- REPORT: DNA tests reveal shocking percentage of suspected fraudulent migrant families were unrelated
- VIDEO: Trump presents Medal of Honor to Staff Sergeant David Bellavia
- REPORT: Tear Gas And Cages: What Immigration Enforcement Looked Like Under Vice President Joe Biden (PICTURES)
- BREAKING: Podium placement for first Democratic debate revealed
- REPORT: Gillibrand announces progress toward securing 9/11 victim benefits
- Text messages discredit anti-gun march organizer’s alleged statement claiming Hunter Pollack was invited to speak at march
- REPORT: Iranian president lashes out with insult at Trump White House amid new sanctions