REPORT: Democrats call for boycott of burger chain over donation to GOP
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by SACBEE.COM:
California Democratic Party Chairman Eric Bauman is calling for a boycott of In-N-Out Burger after the Irvine-based fast-food chain this week donated $25,000 to help Republicans this November.
“Et tu In-N-Out? Tens of thousands of dollars donated to the California Republican Party,” Bauman wrote on Twitter. “It’s time to #BoycottInNOut — let Trump and his cronies support these creeps…perhaps animal style!”
The article goes on to state the following:
The burger chain started in Southern California decades ago by a Christian family, whose granddaughter Lynsi Snyder still owns the company. It proudly displays its religious views — there’s a Bible verse on some packaging — and has in recent years contributed to Republicans and pro-business causes.
In addition to its $25,000 this week, it donated $30,000 to the GOP in 2017 and $30,000 in 2016. It has also contributed to the California pro-business political action committee, “Californians for Jobs & A Strong Economy,” which helps elect moderate Democrats. Most recently, it gave the PAC $80,000 in 2017.
— Gabe Schneider 🗞 (@gabemschneider) August 29, 2018
Et tu In-N-Out? Tens of thousands of dollars donated to the California Republican Party… it’s time to #BoycottInNOut – let Trump and his cronies support these creeps… perhaps animal style!https://t.co/9zkdFaG5CJ
— EricBauman (@EricBauman) August 30, 2018
But the popular fast-food restaurant is facing a wave of backlash in deep-blue California following this week’s contribution, especially on social media.
Grow up. They donate to both parties, as does most corporations, but this hack left that part out.
— fonzdrew (@fonzdrew2) August 30, 2018
Go ahead have a fit, make it more popular & profitable. Just ask the Chick-fil-A folk.
— Ben Strange (@BenStrange) August 30, 2018
In N Out also have scripture at the bottom of their cups. This is literally no surprise, and yet, I’m still grossed out.
— Kat Jetson (@katjetson) August 29, 2018
yes, by all means boycott @gabemschneider perhaps now the drive up line won’t be so long
— Will Lester (@WillLesterPhoto) August 30, 2018
Why is this published? Does it matter what politics chains/companies support? Must EVERYTHING be political?
— Justin Smith (@JJSmith910) August 30, 2018
Not a big burger fan but I will be eating there at least once a week now. YOU try running a restaurant in Dem regulated California #Impossible
— Phil Soussan (@philsoussan) August 30, 2018
There’s nothing more Californian than In-N-Out Burger. Great lunch today in #Fresno. If .@GavinNewsom is nervous debating me on CA issues – maybe a friendly Double Double vs Caviar joust? pic.twitter.com/pEHqhb8jD3
— JohnHCox (@TheRealJohnHCox) August 30, 2018
— Senator Jim Nielsen (@CASenatorJim) August 30, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by SACBEE.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
California Dems Outraged As IN-N-OUT BURGER Donates To GOP… https://t.co/ZcOo8JXbTm
— DRUDGE REPORT (@DRUDGE_REPORT) August 30, 2018
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Witness makes admission about Ukranian phone call, Schiff jumps in to halt Nunes’s questioning
- REPORT: Details emerge of connection between Schiff aide and alleged whistleblower
- VIDEO: ‘It doesn’t look promising’: Jim Jordan says of impeachment
- VIDEO: ‘Crying like a little child’: Don Trump Jr. rips whistleblower over Clinton loss
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham says he’s “confident” the whistleblower is from the “deep state.”
- REPORT: Pence’s office responds to Sondland’s testimony claiming he raised concerns about investigations
- VIDEO: Diplomat seen rolling his eyes amid testy exchange with Jordan, Schiff
- VIDEO: Schiff’s closing remarks compare Trump and Nixon
- REPORT: New information revealed about weapon used in high school shooting that killed two
- Actress Melissa Gilbert names director in sexual harassment claim