REPORT: Democrats to face off against a reluctant Mueller
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by Politico:
House Democrats are facing a daunting challenge this week — goading Robert Mueller into offering testimony that could irreparably damage Donald Trump’s presidency.
In the three months since the conclusion of the former special counsel’s investigation, Democrats have struggled to use Mueller’s 448-page report to stoke a public outcry against the president’s conduct, despite evidence that Trump sought to thwart the probe.
The article goes on to state the following:
And on Wednesday, they’ll be up against a witness who didn’t want to testify in the first place — he had to be subpoenaed — and one who, over more than a decade of regular Capitol Hill testimony, has mastered the art of the dodge. For those reasons, Democrats are already downplaying expectations for the blockbuster hearings.
Still, when Mueller testifies for three hours before the House Judiciary Committee and two hours before the House Intelligence Committee, Democrats are expected to press Mueller to state that he might have charged Trump with obstruction of justice were he not the occupant of the Oval Office.
For the Democrats who want to see Trump impeached, that’s the whole ballgame — and a moment that could see Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) re-think her opposition to launching a formal impeachment inquiry
House Democrats want Robert Mueller to help build a case against Trumphttps://t.co/w0jBJERbDr
— POLITICO (@politico) July 21, 2019
NEW: Democrats will spend five hours Wednesday trying to get Mueller to say something he has avoided saying so far: That if Trump weren’t President, he would likely have been charged with obstruction. A look ahead w/ @AndrewDesiderio. https://t.co/SkKTlASENK
— Kyle Cheney (@kyledcheney) July 21, 2019
Dems have struggled to use Mueller’s report to stoke a public outcry against Trump’s conduct. And on Wednesday they’ll be up against a witness who didn’t want to testify in the first place. For those reasons & more, it’ll be tough to elicit damaging info. https://t.co/IRsDAbu3cm
— Andrew Desiderio (@AndrewDesiderio) July 21, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit Politico. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- Ivanka ripped by liberal TV host for protecting her father (video)
- REPORT: Doctor accused of being drunk at work indicted in deaths of three patients
- REPORT: Judge allows Trump to appeal Democrats’ emoluments lawsuit
- VIDEO: Surveillance video shows what happens when illegal aliens try to climb new border wall
- TRILOGY DVD (They Come to America I, II, and III)
- BREAKING: Former WH spokesman Sean Spicer makes HUGE announcement on Good Morning America [VIDEO]
- How You Can Help Stop Amnesty
- VIDEO: Watchdog alerts Trump that border agency violated DNA collection law for years, letting violent criminals walk free [READ LETTER]
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez hits back at Jamie Dimon after Green New Deal criticism
- VIDEO: Jesse Watters: Trump conducting the media like an orchestra