REPORT: Democrats to face off against a reluctant Mueller
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by Politico:
House Democrats are facing a daunting challenge this week — goading Robert Mueller into offering testimony that could irreparably damage Donald Trump’s presidency.
In the three months since the conclusion of the former special counsel’s investigation, Democrats have struggled to use Mueller’s 448-page report to stoke a public outcry against the president’s conduct, despite evidence that Trump sought to thwart the probe.
The article goes on to state the following:
And on Wednesday, they’ll be up against a witness who didn’t want to testify in the first place — he had to be subpoenaed — and one who, over more than a decade of regular Capitol Hill testimony, has mastered the art of the dodge. For those reasons, Democrats are already downplaying expectations for the blockbuster hearings.
Still, when Mueller testifies for three hours before the House Judiciary Committee and two hours before the House Intelligence Committee, Democrats are expected to press Mueller to state that he might have charged Trump with obstruction of justice were he not the occupant of the Oval Office.
For the Democrats who want to see Trump impeached, that’s the whole ballgame — and a moment that could see Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) re-think her opposition to launching a formal impeachment inquiry
House Democrats want Robert Mueller to help build a case against Trumphttps://t.co/w0jBJERbDr
— POLITICO (@politico) July 21, 2019
NEW: Democrats will spend five hours Wednesday trying to get Mueller to say something he has avoided saying so far: That if Trump weren’t President, he would likely have been charged with obstruction. A look ahead w/ @AndrewDesiderio. https://t.co/SkKTlASENK
— Kyle Cheney (@kyledcheney) July 21, 2019
Dems have struggled to use Mueller’s report to stoke a public outcry against Trump’s conduct. And on Wednesday they’ll be up against a witness who didn’t want to testify in the first place. For those reasons & more, it’ll be tough to elicit damaging info. https://t.co/IRsDAbu3cm
— Andrew Desiderio (@AndrewDesiderio) July 21, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit Politico. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Video captures horrifying moment of deadly New Zealand volcano eruption, Americans among tourists trapped on island
- REPORT: Social Security announces Cost of Living increase for 2020
- VIDEO: ‘I Shouldn’t Have Done It’: Elizabeth Warren Apologizes When Confronted About Native American Claims
- REPORT: Biden: ‘Nobody warned me’ about Hunter and Ukraine because Beau was dying
- VIDEO: Witness makes admission about Ukranian phone call, Schiff jumps in to halt Nunes’s questioning
- VIDEO: Graham: We Will End Impeachment Trial ‘As Quickly As Possible’
- VIDEO: Protestor interrupts impeachment hearing, screams at Nadler, hauled out of room
- VIDEO: ‘They’re irrelevant’: Nadler defends not calling Republican witnesses for impeachment
- BREAKING: Chilling new details revealed about Saudi students’ actions before Florida naval base attack [VIDEO]
- REPORT: New Muslim congresswoman flips after election, now supports anti-Israel boycott