REPORT: Demonstrators gather outside White House to protest Sessions’ ouster (Photos)
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
A group of demonstrators gathered outside the White House on Wednesday night to protest Attorney General Jeff Sessions resignation at President Trump’s request.
Footage from local CBS News affiliate, WUSA9, showed protesters spelling out “Protect Mueller” in neon letters in front of the White House late Wednesday evening. Others held signs, which included messages such as, “Trump is a dictraitor.”
The article goes on to state the following:
The protests came just hours after Sessions submitted his formal, resignation at Trump’s request. Trump announced on Twitter that Matthew Whitaker, Sessions’s chief of staff, would take over as acting attorney general.
The scene in front of WH tonight… pic.twitter.com/XWAf4nzJFT
— Jim Acosta (@Acosta) November 8, 2018
“Protect Mueller” protest in front of White House pic.twitter.com/EH4hlQJP3x
— Sara Bondioli (@sbondioli) November 8, 2018
— The Hill (@thehill) November 8, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Uber driver allegedly kidnapped teen girl during ride home from Sweet 16 party
- REPORT: George Conway sends stern ‘order’ to White House to remove Trump
- REPORT: Federal judge rules that immigration law is unconstitutional
- REPORT: Jussie Smollett Case Gets Special Prosecutor
- REPORT: Reporter Tries To Buy Gun At Walmart; Gets Unexpected Outcome: ‘Far More Complicated Than I Expected’
- REPORT: Thousands Of Migrants Accept Free Rides Home Under UN-Run Program
- Trump and Norway’s Prime Minister hold joint press briefing (videos)