REPORT: Dems defy Trump, boost funding to program he wanted to eliminate
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
House Democrats on Tuesday unveiled a bill that would add funding for major arts programs that President Trump had sought to cut or eliminate altogether.
The bill funds the National Endowment for the Arts and the National Endowment for the Humanities. Both would receive $167.5 million, an increase of $12.5 million from current spending.
The article goes on to state the following:
House Democrats also added $2.2 million to the budget of the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts.
Trump proposed eliminating the National Endowment for the Arts and National Endowment for the Humanities in his 2020 budget. He prosed cutting the Kennedy Center’s budget by $1.6 million.
Very excited to see House Interior bill recommends $167.5 mil. for National Endowment for the Arts – an increase of $12.5 mil. The exact amount pursued at our National Arts Action Summit in March #ArtsAdvocacy works!
— Narric Rome (@NarricAFTA) May 14, 2019
— Wendi McLendon-Covey (@wendimclendonco) May 14, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) May 15, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Lion kills worker after escaping enclosure at North Carolina animal center
- REPORT: Dershowitz suggests FBI ‘thoroughly’ investigate Swetnick affidavit, Avenatti responds
- REPORT: High school student killed, 3 teens injured in crash one day after prom
- VIDEO: Tucker Carlson: Our leaders will never defend our borders – and world knows it and is coming for our wealth
- REPORT: State House votes to expand number of medical professions allowed to perform abortions
- REPORT: Ben Carson sends Oreos to Democrat who quizzed him
- BREAKING: Pelosi speaks after closed-door Dem meeting, makes allegation against Trump [VIDEO]
- EXCLUSIVE: Pelosi gives her version of explosive meeting with Trump [VIDEO]
- REPORT: McConnell campaign raises stunning haul from ‘Cocaine Mitch’ T-shirt sales
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts