REPORT: Dems to force health care vote weeks before Nov. midterms
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Senate Democrats on Wednesday plan to force a vote on a health-care measure in an effort to put Republicans on the record against pre-existing condition protections ahead of the midterm elections.
Democrats say the vote will highlight that President Trump and congressional Republicans support the expansion of non-ObamaCare plans which can deny coverage for people with pre-existing conditions, an issue that Democrats have made the centerpiece of their electoral strategy.
The article goes on to state the following:
The measure appears headed for defeat after Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska), a key swing vote, said she would oppose the Democratic measure, with her office noting that while short-term plans are “not ideal” she wants Alaskans to have options for cheaper coverage. Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine) said she is undecided, but Democrats would need another Republican vote beyond Collins.
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Beto resorts to speaking Spanish in debate answer, though doesn’t give an actual answer
- REPORT: Mom posts warning about popular video game after 7-year-old’s avatar ‘violently gang raped’
- REPORT: Tulsi Gabbard’s hairstyle draws more attention than her answers
- VIDEO: Young Man Confronts Vehicle Full Of Russian Soldiers During Road Rage Incident
- REPORT: ‘Latinos For Trump’ Launching In Miami as Democrats target Florida Hispanics for 2020
- EXCLUSIVE: Landowner of private border wall faces charges, prison (video)
- REPORT: Heartbreaking footage reveals Venezuela crisis as mother forced to carry dead daughter through streets
- REPORT: Young female cop shot and killed just 2 weeks after being sworn in
- OpEd: Sen. Marco Rubio: Dems’ court-packing plan is all wrong
- VIDEO: AG Bill Barr surprises DOJ event attendees with stunning bagpipes performance