REPORT: DHS reveals number of foreign travelers who overstayed visas in 2017
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) said more than 600,000 foreign travelers to the U.S. overstayed their visas in 2017 and remained in the country through the end of that year, in a report released Tuesday.
The department’s report said more than 52 million foreign travelers entered the country and were set to leave last year. Of all those travelers, about 1.33 percent overstayed their visas.
— Bob Connors (@bobc_hsem) August 7, 2018
The article goes on to state the following:
The report also stated that more than 92,000 Canadians overstayed their visas, as did more than 47,000 Mexicans. However, those figures do not include land crossings, meaning the numbers could be higher.
The highest percentage of travelers who overstayed their visas were those in the student or exchange visitor visa programs. About 4.15 percent of the more than 1.6 million people student or exchange visitors who were supposed to leave the U.S. in 2017 stayed past their visa.
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: White House explains bandage on Trump’s hand, Twitter goes wild (PHOTOS)
- BREAKING: Pelosi sends letter to Trump on his State of the Union address
- VIDEO: Clemson Tigers get ANOTHER meal invite after Trump’s fast-food meal
- REPORT: Kremlin responds to theory of Trump being a ‘Russian agent’
- VIDEO: Border ranchers share alarm about prayer rugs found on their property
- REPORT: Clemson quarterback says White House quote is fake
- BREAKING: Top Trump official resigned over White House Puerto Rico plan
- REPORT: Rashida Tlaib lambasts ‘right wing media’ over coverage of picture with pro-Hezbollah activist
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez, freshmen Dems attempt to hand deliver request to McConnell (pictures)
- REPORT: House passes relief bill to fund government, six Republicans vote with Dems