REPORT: Dingell dictates op-ed before death: ‘My last words for America’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Just hours before he passed away Thursday, former Rep. John Dingell (D-Mich.) dictated to his wife reflections on the state of the U.S. for an op-ed published in the Washington Post Friday.
Dingell was the longest serving congressman in American history whose death has prompted an outpouring of support from both sides of the political aisle.
The article goes on to state the following:
Dingell used his some of his final thoughts to critique President Trump, albeit without naming him directly.
“In our modern political age, the presidential bully pulpit seems dedicated to sowing division and denigrating, often in the most irrelevant and infantile personal terms, the political opposition,” the op-ed reads.
This is so very touching. Imagine spending literally your last moments on Earth, bidding farewell to the country you served and love.
Thank you, @RepDebDingell for sharing him with the rest of us.🇺🇸 https://t.co/yLli4x9XsI
— Ana Navarro (@ananavarro) February 8, 2019
This is so right and powerful, by the now – so sad to say – departed John Dingell. pic.twitter.com/c9LAvh2UDR
— David Frum (@davidfrum) February 8, 2019
NEW: Flag lowered to half-staff at the White House in honor of former Rep. John Dingell, longest-serving member of Congress in US history, who died yesterday at 92. https://t.co/gkKlnLlhAJ pic.twitter.com/I0OOAlGpyb
— ABC News (@ABC) February 8, 2019
We are saddened by the passing of Congressman @JohnDingell. He enjoyed the sunshine, view, & engaging in conversation from a rocking chair on our Front Porch. We join together mourning a man who epitomized public service. Our thoughts are with Debbie & the Dingell family. pic.twitter.com/Pj7sBmDhLl
— Grand Hotel (@GrandHotelMI) February 8, 2019
One of the last pieces, if not the last piece, that John Dingell wrote: “I Served in Congress Longer Than Anyone. Here’s How to Fix It: Abolish the Senate and publicly fund elections.” https://t.co/Ck2uD2Ob68
— Kyle Griffin (@kylegriffin1) February 8, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Mexican troops drew weapons on American soldiers on US side of the border
- VIDEO: Pint-sized Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez impersonator cracks up the internet
- CLAIM: Sri Lanka: Seven arrested for Easter Sunday jihad massacres, death toll passes 190
- REPORT: Former Obama White House counsel set to stand trial
- VIDEO: Fox News Contributor Says Hillary ‘Gave’ Russians Money During 2016 Campaign
- About (ratings)
- UPDATE: Cops questioning suspect in connection with sickening Brooklyn ax murder, victims identified [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Grassley warns White House not to oust any more top immigration officials
- VIDEO: April Ryan slams Mike Huckabee in fiery Twitter feud
- VIDEO: President Trump Keeps His Promise To 95-Year-Old WWII Vet