REPORT: ‘Dishonorable conduct’? Mueller DID pursue FBI director post, contrary to his sworn testimony, WH officials claim
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Several White House officials have confirmed President Trump’s assertion that former special counsel Robert Mueller was hoping to become the director of the FBI when he first met with Trump in 2017.
Mueller was seeking the top job at the FBI when Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein approached him to become special counsel, administrative officials told Fox News. Mueller denied that he was pursuing the job under oath during testimony before Congress.
The article goes on to state the following:
“My understanding was I was not applying for the job,” Mueller testified on July 24. “I was asked to give my input on what it would take to do the job.”
In July, President Trump tweeted:
“It has been reported that Robert Mueller is saying that he did not apply and interview for the job of FBI Director (and get turned down) the day before he was wrongfully appointed Special Counsel. Hope he doesn’t say that under oath in that we have numerous witnesses to the interview, including the Vice President of the United States!”
Fox News reports:
“John Dowd, who served as the president’s attorney during the probe, ripped Mueller for meeting with Trump, calling it the ‘most dishonorable conduct I have ever witnessed.’ He added, ‘Capt. Robert Mueller, USMC, sits in front of his commander-in-chief being interviewed for FBI director knowing he is going to investigate the president and never says a word.’”
….interview, including the Vice President of the United States!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 24, 2019
— Mollie (@MZHemingway) October 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Former child star dies at age 25
- REPORT: Another royal break. This time it’s Prince William and Kate Middleton, but its not an exit
- VIDEO: CNN Anchor Tells Nancy Pelosi That Trump Was Acquitted — She Interrupts, Claims He Wasn’t
- REPORT: Comey posts message to AG William Barr
- UPDATE: New details about Daytona 500 driver Ryan Newman following fiery crash
- VIDEO: Melania Stuns In Gorgeous Sleeveless Black And White Sundress At Daytona 500 [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: Judges’ association calls emergency meeting in wake of Stone sentencing reversal
- REPORT: Hillary Clinton finally responds to backlash over Sanders remark: ‘I thought…’
- VIDEO: Maxine Waters makes shocking claim that rich donors should influence elections
- REPORT: The New England Patriots Are Reportedly Eying This Quarterback