REPORT: DNA tests reveal shocking percentage of suspected fraudulent migrant families were unrelated
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Some of the migrant families arrested at the southern border weren’t actually families.
In a pilot program, approximately 30% of rapid DNA tests of immigrant adults who were suspected of arriving at the southern border with children who weren’t theirs revealed the adults were not related to the children, an official involved in the system’s temporary rollout who asked to be anonymous in order to speak freely told the Washington Examiner Friday.
The article goes on to state the following:
“There’s been some concern about, ‘Are they stepfathers or adopted fathers?'” the official said. “Those were not the case. In these cases, they are misrepresented as family members.”
In some incidents where Immigration and Customs Enforcement told the adults they would have to take a cheek swab to verify a relationship with a minor, several admitted the child was not related and did not take the DNA test, which was designed by a U.S. company.
DNA tests reveal 30% of suspected fraudulent migrant families were unrelated https://t.co/dlkysLT6rT
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) May 18, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Biden blames Trump for 7-year-old’s ‘racist’ question
- Obama ‘spreading lie’ about school gun violence
- EXCLUSIVE — TEAM DML: New merchandise available now
- REPORT: Michelle Obama on Presidency: ‘If a Black Guy Can Do It, Anybody Can’
- REPORT: Obama’s Pro-Iran Echo Chamber Finds New Ally in Republican Senator
- REPORT: Brothers, aged 1 and 3, drown after falling into family pool
- VIDEO: Twitter philanthropist surprises disabled vet with new car after Trump re-tweeted him
- REPORT: 16 dog food brands may cause heart disease in pets, FDA warns
- REPORT: ‘Bachelor’ star pleads guilty to reduced charge in fatal accident
- REPORT: ‘Underage’ Migrant Sentenced for Murder of Teenager