REPORT: DNC Pulls Democratic Debate From UCLA
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by HUFFPOST.COM:
The Democratic National Committee says it will no longer hold the sixth presidential debate at the University of California, Los Angeles, choosing to side with a union that has imposed a boycott on the school over a labor dispute.
“In response to concerns raised by the local organized labor community in Los Angeles, we have asked our media partners to seek an alternative site for the December debate,” DNC senior adviser Mary Beth Cahill said Wednesday.
The article goes on to state the following:
AFSCME 3299, an affiliate of the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees, sent a letter to at least six of the candidates on Tuesday, asking them to respect its boycott on speakers appearing at UC schools until the dispute is resolved.
— Amanda Terkel (@aterkel) November 6, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit HUFFPOST.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Pelosi unveils new $3 trillion coronavirus relief plan [READ IT HERE]
- VIDEO: ‘The Five’ Panel Explodes After Donna Brazile Says THIS About the First Amendment
- REPORT: Judge orders State Department to produce Ukraine documents
- VIDEO: Police release redacted bodycam footage following death of George Floyd
- REPORT: These Obama officials are on GOP senators’ list for subpoenas amid Obama-era probe