REPORT: Doctors say new rule will mean sicker immigrants, DML responds
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by APNEWS.COM:
CHICAGO (AP) — Diabetics skipping regular checkups. Young asthmatics not getting preventive care. A surge in expensive emergency room visits.
Doctors and public health experts warn of poor health and rising costs they say will come from sweeping Trump administration changes that would deny green cards to many immigrants who use Medicaid, as well as food stamps and other forms of public assistance. Some advocates say they’re already seeing the fallout even before the complex 837-page rule takes effect in October.
The article goes on to state the following:
President Donald Trump’s administration trumpeted its aggressive approach this past week as a way to keep only self-sufficient immigrants in the country, but health experts argue it could force potentially millions of low-income migrants to choose between needed services and their bid to stay legally in the U.S.
“If they cannot come to America and be self sufficient then they shouldn’t be here, and taxpayers don’t want to be on the hook for paying medical bills of immigrants, legal or illegal,” — Dennis Michael Lynch, from his upcoming film ‘They Come to America 4: The Cost of Politics. Pre-order the film now at DennisMichaelLynch.com/illegal
To get more information about this article, please visit APNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- FDNY says 3 injured in fire near New York City’s Times Square
- POLL: Was school right to fire teacher who pointed out illegal alien students to President Trump?
- REPORT: Biden: ‘I’ve spent as much time’ with Putin as Trump
- VIDEO: Missing Florida girl shown tied up and crying in Instagram video call, family tells police
- REPORT: GRAPHIC: Half-eaten remains of migrant found on Texas ranch near border
- REPORT: Bernie Sanders reveals what he admires about Trump
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts