REPORT: DOJ responds to request for info on Comey’s law professor friend
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
The Justice Department said Tuesday it responded to demands from Capitol Hill Republicans to turn over documents about former FBI Director James Comey’s law professor friend who last year released contents of Comey’s memos to the media.
DOJ officials told Fox News the response was transmitted to Capitol Hill, but it was not immediately clear what the response was.
The article goes on to state the following:
The House Oversight Committee told Fox News it did not receive any documents from the DOJ, but did receive a verbal response and expected to get the documents by Thursday.
Earlier this month, House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte, R-Va., and House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Trey Gowdy, R-S.C., made the request for records on Daniel Richman in a letter to Attorney General Jeff Sessions and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein.
“The committees are aware James Comey, the former director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), shared or instructed staff to share at least some portion of the memos he drafted memorializing his conversations with President Donald J. Trump (the Comey Memos) to an individual named Daniel Richman,” the letter read.
To weigh in on this information provided by FOXNEWS.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting FOXNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: House Dems to offer additional funding for ‘border security’ to reopen government
- VIDEO: Judge Jeanine tears Nancy Pelosi to shreds in blistering monologue, concludes with shocking image
- BREAKING: Pelosi releases blistering statement on Trump’s offer to legalize Dreamers for wall money
- REPORT: Four boys ages 12 to 14 are charged with kidnapping and raping a girl
- BREAKING: Inside the Mueller team’s decision to dispute BuzzFeed’s explosive story on Trump and Cohen
- BREAKING: Details leaked on Trump’s planned announcement, expected compromise on shutdown
- EXCLUSIVE: Ann Coulter lambasts President Trump’s compromise proposal with Twitter rampage
- BREAKING: President Trump makes announcement on proposal to end shutdown (VIDEO)
- POLL: Do you approve of President Trump’s ‘immigration compromise’ proposal?
- BREAKING: Skating champion dies by suicide day after being suspended