REPORT: DOJ sued over Anthony Weiner’s emails
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by JUDICIALWATCH.ORG:
(Washington, DC) – Judicial Watch announced today that it has sued the U.S. Department of Justice under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) for all emails the FBI found on the laptop of disgraced former Congressman Anthony Weiner.
Judicial Watch filed the suit after the Justice Department did not act on two FOIA requests (Judicial Watch v. U.S. Department of Justice (No.1:18-cv-02105)).
The article goes on to state the following:
In October 2016 The Washington Post reported that the FBI obtained a warrant to search the emails found on a computer used by Weiner that may contain evidence relevant to the investigation into former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s private email server.
In light of that report, on December 12, 2016, Judicial Watch submitted a FOIA request to the FBI, seeking all emails seized pursuant to the search warrant. The FBI denied the request and Judicial Watch appealed. The FBI has not acted on the appeal. Judicial Watch then filed a second FOIA request on September 29, 2017, to which the FBI has not responded. Judicial Watch is seeking:
- All records regarding the search of a laptop owned or formerly owned by former Congressman Anthony Weiner.
- All records retrieved from a laptop owned or formerly owned by former Congressman Anthony Weiner.
- All records of communications, emails, text messages and instant chats, sent to or from FBI officials relating to Hillary Clinton’s knowledge or possible knowledge of illicit activities involving former Congressman Anthony Weiner.
Weiner is the incarcerated husband of former Clinton top aide Huma Abedin. He was convicted of having sexually explicit communications with teenage girls. In October 2016, FBI investigators from its New York field office discovered Abedin’s emails on Weiner’s laptop, including data indicating the emails went through Clinton’s non-“state.gov” email system.
DML News offers the following additional information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Judicial Watch’s lawsuit follows RealClearInvestigations reporting in August that the FBI reviewed only 3,077 of the almost 700,000 emails found on the laptop as part of its search for evidence related to claims Weiner had lewd exchanges with a 15-year-old girl.
Weiner shared the device with his then-wife Huma Abedin, who at the time was an aide to 2016 Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton, and the FBI’s examination of the laptop yielded backed-up emails between Clinton and Abedin, as well as a handful that she had been manually forwarded to Weiner.
The article goes on to state the following:
The discovery of the emails prompted then-FBI Director James Comey to inform Congress on Oct. 28, 2016 he had re-opened the bureau’s probe into Clinton’s private server use, despite earlier recommending that Clinton not face criminal charges over her handling of classified information.
While some classified details were identified on the laptop following the partial review of the emails, Comey advised Congress on Nov. 6 that he stood by his decision regarding Clinton’s criminality.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting JUDICIALWATCH.ORG
Trending on DML News
- OpEd: Venezuelan who fled socialism publishes alarming warning on Ocasio-Cortez’s ‘Green New Deal’
- UPDATE: Ocasio-Cortez responds to ‘wack’ Times Square billboard
- SURPRISE? Dem. 2020 candidate breaks from the pack: ‘We can’t have open borders, we need to have border security’
- VIDEO: Hundreds of caravan migrants headed to US violently attack police in southern Mexico
- REPORT: Kamala Harris releases statement on Jussie Smollett scandal
- REPORT: State senate passes bill to keep Trump off 2020 ballot unless he releases tax returns
- VIDEO: Roseanne Barr releases video blasting Ocasio-Cortez and socialism
- VIDEO: CNN’s Don Lemon on Smollett: ‘Not His Fault’
- REPORT: Michigan mother fatally shot 3 young daughters in woods before killing self
- BREAKING: MUST SEE – BOMBSHELL details revealed in press conference on Jussie Smollett’s hoax attack, plus revelations on homophobic letter