REPORT: Dow faces 400-point slide after Huawei executive’s arrest renews trade fears
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by CNN.com:
New York (CNN Business) — Market sentiment is so fragile that news of an arrest is enough to set off a selling wave.
The Dow is on track to slide 400 points at Thursday’s open after the arrest of Huawei CFO Meng Wanzhou in Canada renewed doubts about the US-China truce. The S&P 500 is set to decline by 1.7%, while the Nasdaq is bracing for a 2.2% tumble.
The article goes on to state the following:
The latest sign of tension between Washington and Beijing also sent shudders through global markets. Hong Kong’s Hang Seng plunged 2.5% overnight, while European stock markets declined sharply as well.
To get more information about this article, please visit CNN.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting CNN.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Lion kills worker after escaping enclosure at North Carolina animal center
- REPORT: Dershowitz suggests FBI ‘thoroughly’ investigate Swetnick affidavit, Avenatti responds
- REPORT: High school student killed, 3 teens injured in crash one day after prom
- VIDEO: The twisted motive behind the alleged murder-for-hire plot that’s rocked the NYPD
- REPORT: Former DOJ official “surprised” by one section of Mueller report
- VIDEO: Tucker Carlson: Our leaders will never defend our borders – and world knows it and is coming for our wealth
- REPORT: Ben Carson sends Oreos to Democrat who quizzed him
- BREAKING: Pelosi speaks after closed-door Dem meeting, makes allegation against Trump [VIDEO]
- EXCLUSIVE: Pelosi gives her version of explosive meeting with Trump [VIDEO]
- REPORT: McConnell campaign raises stunning haul from ‘Cocaine Mitch’ T-shirt sales