REPORT: Dow plunges more than 800 points in worst drop since February, Amazon and tech shares lead the rout
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by CNBC:
Stocks sank on Wednesday as a steep decline in tech shares and worries of rapidly rising rates sent Wall Street on pace for its worst day in eight months.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average closed 831.83 points lower at 25,598.74 as Intel and Microsoft fell more than 3.5 percent each. The Nasdaq Composite plummeted 4 percent to 7,422.05.
The article goes on to state the following:
The Dow also closed near its lows of the day.
The S&P 500 dropped 3.3 percent to 2,785.68, with the tech sector underperforming. The broad index also posted a five-day losing streak — its longest since November 2016 — and fell below its 50-day and 100-day moving averages, widely followed technical levels.
To weigh in on this information provided by CNBC, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting CNBC
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Roseanne fires back at show after character killed off
- BREAKING: Honduran migrant caravan swells to 4,000 as U.S. border crossings spike
- VIDEO: Chief Justice Roberts Breaks Silence On Kavanaugh Fight
- BREAKING: U.S. Treasury senior official arrested, charged with leaking info on ex-Trump advisers
- REPORT: Kellyanne Conway’s husband pounces on Trump tweet with response
- VIDEO: Democrat senator McCaskill responds to undercover video with fierce allegation, as Part 2 released
- REPORT: FBI probing Manhattan district attorney’s office
- REPORT: Saudi Arabia makes HUGE deposit into American accounts as Pompeo lands in Riyadh
- BREAKING: Dem candidates for Congress raise record-shattering money for midterms
- POLL: Do you think the caravan heading to the US from Honduras will be allowed into the US