REPORT: Dr Dre says his daughter got into USC on her own despite $70m donation
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by DailyMail:
Dr. Dre has boasted about his youngest daughter being accepted into the University of Southern California ‘all on her own’ – six years after the rapper donated $70 million to the school.
The rapper, whose real name in Andre Young, took to Instagram on Saturday to brag about his 18-year-old daughter Truly Young’s acceptance into USC.
The article goes on to state the following:
In his social media post, the 54-year-old threw shade at those embroiled in the college admissions scandal by declaring his daughter was accepted without bribing or cheating her way in.
‘My daughter got accepted into USC all on her own. No jail time!!!’ Dre wrote alongside a photo of them posing with Truly’s certificate of admission.
Their donation in 2013 went towards creating the USC Jimmy Iovine and Andre Young Academy for arts and technology. They also have a building named after them on the USC campus.
‘The vision and generosity of Jimmy Iovine and Andre Young will profoundly influence the way all of us perceive and experience artistic media,’ C. L. Max Nikiasthe, who was the USC president at the time, said when the donation was made.
To get more information about this article, please visit DailyMail. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Rep. Gaetz makes rare move to join Dem on amendment to block Trump on Iran
- BREAKING: Minnesota Lawmaker Calls For Ethics Investigation Into Rep. Ilhan Omar [VIDEO]
- UPDATE: David Ortiz shooting: Authorities reveal plot to kill ‘Big Papi’, 6 detained
- REPORT: DNA tests reveal shocking percentage of suspected fraudulent migrant families were unrelated
- VIDEO: Trump presents Medal of Honor to Staff Sergeant David Bellavia
- REPORT: Tear Gas And Cages: What Immigration Enforcement Looked Like Under Vice President Joe Biden (PICTURES)
- BREAKING: Podium placement for first Democratic debate revealed
- REPORT: Gillibrand announces progress toward securing 9/11 victim benefits
- REPORT: ‘Latinos For Trump’ Launching In Miami as Democrats target Florida Hispanics for 2020
- REPORT: Young female cop shot and killed just 2 weeks after being sworn in