REPORT: Drama grips final moments of Rick Gates’ testimony in Manafort trial, as lawyer poses surprise question (video)
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
Rick Gates has finished three days’ worth of dramatic testimony in federal court against his former business partner, ex-Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort — but not before defense lawyers caused a stir by pressing him for details on his past infidelity.
A day earlier, Gates acknowledged having a single extramarital relationship in London while working for Manafort.
The article goes on to state the following:
But on Wednesday, Manafort attorney Kevin Downing seemed to accuse Gates of having affairs with multiple individuals, asking Gates whether he disclosed four affairs to the special counsel’s office. The question was part of an apparent bid to catch Gates in a lie, after he testified that his plea agreement would be in jeopardy if he doesn’t tell the truth on the stand.
Prosecutor Greg Andres, though, swiftly objected to the question before Gates could answer. And the witness never did.
But at another point Wednesday, Gates attempted to express remorse from the stand, saying “I’ve made many mistakes over many years.”
The judge in the case, U.S. District Judge T.S. Ellis III, cut Gates off, saying, “this isn’t the time for that.”
For the previous two days in court, Gates has testified that he and Manafort committed bank and tax fraud together.
To weigh in on this information provided by FOXNEWS.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
— Fox News (@FoxNews) August 8, 2018
Manafort lawyers accuse Rick Gates of having four affairs https://t.co/RaQe1Hd5KC
— The Daily Beast (@thedailybeast) August 8, 2018
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting FOXNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: McConnell responds to news of fiery White House meeting
- VIDEO: Ohio woman’s cancer disappears after groundbreaking clinical trial
- REPORT: Vice President Pence became a viral meme on Twitter today
- REPORT: The one particular person who wasn’t invited to George H.W. Bush’s funeral
- BREAKING: Mexico is closing off border in key region
- VIDEO: Two Youth Severely Injured after Falling off Border Wall
- REPORT: Dad heard three-year-old daughter scream as uncle slashed her throat (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Sentence announced for Michael Cohen, President Trump’s Ex-Lawyer
- POLL: Should Trump shut down the government if Dems won’t approve funding for the wall?
- BREAKING: Publisher of National Enquirer claims it paid hush money to help Trump