REPORT: Drama grips final moments of Rick Gates’ testimony in Manafort trial, as lawyer poses surprise question (video)
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
Rick Gates has finished three days’ worth of dramatic testimony in federal court against his former business partner, ex-Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort — but not before defense lawyers caused a stir by pressing him for details on his past infidelity.
A day earlier, Gates acknowledged having a single extramarital relationship in London while working for Manafort.
The article goes on to state the following:
But on Wednesday, Manafort attorney Kevin Downing seemed to accuse Gates of having affairs with multiple individuals, asking Gates whether he disclosed four affairs to the special counsel’s office. The question was part of an apparent bid to catch Gates in a lie, after he testified that his plea agreement would be in jeopardy if he doesn’t tell the truth on the stand.
Prosecutor Greg Andres, though, swiftly objected to the question before Gates could answer. And the witness never did.
But at another point Wednesday, Gates attempted to express remorse from the stand, saying “I’ve made many mistakes over many years.”
The judge in the case, U.S. District Judge T.S. Ellis III, cut Gates off, saying, “this isn’t the time for that.”
For the previous two days in court, Gates has testified that he and Manafort committed bank and tax fraud together.
To weigh in on this information provided by FOXNEWS.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
— Fox News (@FoxNews) August 8, 2018
Manafort lawyers accuse Rick Gates of having four affairs https://t.co/RaQe1Hd5KC
— The Daily Beast (@thedailybeast) August 8, 2018
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting FOXNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Migrants defy police, break through fence at Guatemala-Mexico border (VIDEO)
- VIDEO: University of Montana students spell out messages on mountain ahead of Trump visit
- REPORT: ‘Halloween’ Billboard Hijacked to Target Maxine Waters (PHOTO)
- REPORT: Donor REVEALED for GOP Women’s Group Attacking Trump
- REPORT: Governor suspends reelection campaign, endorses Dem opponent
- BREAKING: Uncovered report reveals Claire McCaskill’s husband assaulted and peed on ex-wife
- VIDEO: Thousands of caravan migrants defy Mexico, wait on bridge at border after breaking down fence
- REPORT: Manafort shows up to court in wheelchair
- BREAKING: White House responds to Saudi Arabia’s report on Khoshoggi’s death
- REPORT: New clues from 911 call emerge in case of missing Wisconsin girl