REPORT: Eight newly elected Dem governors skip out on meeting with Trump
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Eight newly elected Democratic governors declined invitations from the White House to meet with President Trump on Thursday, or were unable to attend due to unforeseen circumstances.
The White House reportedly invited 22 state and U.S. territory governor-elects representing both parties to meet with Trump; at least 13 accepted the invitation.
The article goes on to state the following:
Minnesota Gov.-elect Tim Walz cited being busy organizing his incoming administration in his refusal.
The report lists the following newly-elected Democrat governors as skipping out on the meeting with the president:
- Tim Walz – Minnesota
- Ned Lamont – Connecticut
- Steve Sisolak – Nevada
- Laura Kelly – Kansas
- Michelle Lujan Grisham – New Mexico
- Janet Mills – Maine
- Jared Polis – Colorado
- Gavin Newsom – California (His father died.)
— The Hill (@thehill) December 14, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Do you approve of President Trump cancelling Pelosi’s foreign trip?
- Trump Tweets: Disputed BuzzFeed report and ‘a son that loves his dad’
- BREAKING: House Dems to offer additional funding for ‘border security’ to reopen government
- REPORT: Trump administration issues stricter rules on travel for lawmakers
- TRUMP TWEET: Makes first public statement on cancelled Pelosi trip
- REPORT: Federal raids underway throughout Indianapolis
- BREAKING: Supreme Court scraps arguments on Trump census appeal
- REPORT: Bush calls on Trump, Democrats to ‘put politics aside’ and end the shutdown (picture)
- EXCLUSIVE: DML rips into five Democrats on Twitter
- REPORT: Poll: Voters in red state view Pelosi more favorably than Trump