REPORT: Eight newly elected Dem governors skip out on meeting with Trump
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Eight newly elected Democratic governors declined invitations from the White House to meet with President Trump on Thursday, or were unable to attend due to unforeseen circumstances.
The White House reportedly invited 22 state and U.S. territory governor-elects representing both parties to meet with Trump; at least 13 accepted the invitation.
The article goes on to state the following:
Minnesota Gov.-elect Tim Walz cited being busy organizing his incoming administration in his refusal.
The report lists the following newly-elected Democrat governors as skipping out on the meeting with the president:
- Tim Walz – Minnesota
- Ned Lamont – Connecticut
- Steve Sisolak – Nevada
- Laura Kelly – Kansas
- Michelle Lujan Grisham – New Mexico
- Janet Mills – Maine
- Jared Polis – Colorado
- Gavin Newsom – California (His father died.)
— The Hill (@thehill) December 14, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: NYPD cop identified who killed himself behind Staten Island precinct
- Illegal alien stowaways die after falling off plane (video)
- EXCLUSIVE: President Trump under attack! How to show your support
- REPORT: New data reveals how much the military has spent on transgender care since 2016
- REPORT: Nationwide ‘Impeach Donald Trump’ Rallies Launch Saturday