REPORT: Election authorities aren’t in a position to stop Yang’s free money giveaway even if it is illegal
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Democratic presidential candidate Andrew Yang’s “freedom dividend” free money raffle has raised questions of legality, but the watchdog tasked with overseeing campaign finance issues, the Federal Election Commission, is hamstrung.
Even if Yang’s program, which entails giving $1,000 a month for a year to 10 families, actually breaks the law, not much can be done about it, since there is no one to hold his campaign accountable, multiple campaign finance experts told the Washington Examiner.
The article goes on to state the following:
The FEC, an independent bipartisan regulatory agency, lacks the quorum of four commissioners present it needs to fulfill its responsibilities in their entirety. When Vice Chairman Matthew Petersen announced in August that he was resigning from the commission, the agency, which is supposed to have six commissioners, was left with just three.
According to the Examiner, Caroline Hunter, the lone Republican commissioner at the FEC, said they will be taking in reports and processing complaints, but they “won’t be doing a lot of the significant matters that the commission does when it needs four votes,” including votes on legal questions.
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Democrat calls for investigation into Elaine Chao after Mitch McConnell campaign boasts Kentucky ties
- REPORT: Poll reveals percentage of Dems who want candidates to discuss Hunter Biden
- Human waste map reveals major city is largest ‘s***hole’ in America
- REPORT: CNN responds to ‘rumor’ Trump tweeted about network’s Jeff Zucker
- HAPPENING NOW: Democratic candidates debate in Ohio
- VIDEO: ‘Cooper, Your Bias is Showing’: Debate Moderator Slammed For Biden Question
- Soros, Pelosi to speak at 3-day ‘Resistance’ conference
- REPORT: ‘Saturday Night Live’ sees big change in ratings
- BREAKING: Manafort partner describes funneling millions through Cyprus accounts
- VIDEO: State poll shows this Dem on top – and she’s not in the race