REPORT: Election called for New York governor race
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by NYPost.com:
Gov. Andrew Cuomo cruised to an easy victory on Tuesday, becoming the sixth New York governor in the past century to win a third term.
Within minutes of the polls closing, NY1 and Fox News projected Cuomo as the winner over his GOP rival, Dutchess County executive Marc Molinaro.
The general election campaign featured just one televised debate and few public campaign appearances by Cuomo.
The article goes on to state the following:
While the governor has insisted he’ll serve his full four-year term unless “God strikes me dead,” political observers say it wouldn’t require divine intervention to change Cuomo’s trajectory.
“Almost any elected official who has a one-in-one hundred shot at becoming president strongly considers taking it,” said Democratic political strategist Evan Thies.
Whether Cuomo throws his hat into the 2020 presidential ring or chooses to focus on burnishing his legacy, political observers say he could kill two birds with one stone by focusing on infrastructure projects and issues important to middle class New Yorkers, like access to higher education.
The Fox News Decision Desk can now project that Democratic New York Governor Andrew Cuomo will win a third term by beating Republican Marc Molinaro. pic.twitter.com/qH5sz7J3wj
— Fox News (@FoxNews) November 7, 2018
— New York Post (@nypost) November 7, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit NYPost.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: NYPD cop identified who killed himself behind Staten Island precinct
- Illegal alien stowaways die after falling off plane (video)
- Officer kills suspect who mowed down pedestrian in Philly (video)
- EXCLUSIVE: President Trump under attack! How to show your support
- POLL: Most Americans believe Obama improperly surveilled Trump
- BREAKING: Pelosi releases blistering statement on Trump’s offer to legalize Dreamers for wall money
- REPORT: Omar fires off angry message to Trump about congressional ‘#MuslimBan’
- REPORT: Rachel Dolezal comes out as bisexual during Pride Month
- REPORT: Dozens died in North Korean earthquake