REPORT: Employees of HUGE fast-food chain vote to strike across the U.S. over sexual harassment
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by APNEWS.COM:
NEW YORK (AP) — Emboldened by the #MeToo movement, McDonald’s workers have voted to stage a one-day strike next week at restaurants in 10 cities in hopes of pressuring management to take stronger steps against on-the-job sexual harassment.
Organizers say it will be the first multistate strike in the U.S. specifically targeting sexual harassment.
The article goes on to state the following:
Plans for the walkout — to start at lunchtime on Sept. 18 — have been approved in recent days by “women’s committees” formed by employees at dozens of McDonald’s restaurants across the U.S. Lead organizers include several women who filed complaints with the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission in May alleging pervasive harassment at some of McDonald’s franchise restaurants.
McDonald’s workers are going on strike over sexual harassment https://t.co/5qAfXUcmYH
— TIME (@TIME) September 13, 2018
— Joy105.com (@Joy105com) September 12, 2018
— FOX6 News (@fox6now) September 12, 2018
— Calgary Sun (@calgarysun) September 12, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by APNEWS.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting APNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Kellyanne Conway changes Twitter bio after her husband rips on Trump
- EXCLUSIVE: Border Patrol releases ANOTHER video of migrants destroying new wire on fence (VIDEO)
- VIDEO: Media quiet about violent clash in Tijuana as Mexicans protest migrant caravan
- BREAKING: Democrat Stacey Abrams Ends Bid For Georgia Governor, Decrying ‘Suppression’
- REPORT: Migrants won’t see armed US soldiers on border
- REPORT: Michael Avenatti is evicted from his law offices in Newport Beach
- REPORT: Woolsey fire destroys movie director’s home, burns entire life savings in ‘fire-proof’ safe (PHOTOS)
- REPORT: Stormy Daniels explodes on Twitter in rant at airline over lost luggage before speech
- REPORT: Kellyanne Conway changes Twitter bio amid media coverage of her husband
- REPORT: Details reported on judge who backed CNN against White House