REPORT: Epstein claimed to have damaging information on powerful people: NYT columnist
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
New York Times columnist James B. Stewart writes in a new piece that wealthy financier and convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein claimed in an interview last year to have dirt on powerful figures.
“Epstein knew an astonishing number of rich, famous and powerful people, and had photos to prove it. He also claimed to know a great deal about these people, some of it potentially damaging or embarrassing, including details about their supposed sexual proclivities and recreational drug use,” Stewart says in the post, which is based on an on-background conversation he had with Epstein in 2018 while interviewing him about his involvement with Tesla.
The article goes on to state the following:
The column comes after Epstein, who was indicted last month on sex trafficking charges, died by an apparent suicide in his Manhattan jail cell over the weekend.
The Washington Examiner reports:
“He said people in Silicon Valley had a reputation for being geeky workaholics, but that was far from the truth: They were hedonistic and regular users of recreational drugs. He said he’d witnessed prominent tech figures taking drugs and arranging for sex (Mr. Epstein stressed that he never drank or used drugs of any kind),” Stewart wrote.
Stewart did not name anyone in particular and it is unclear whether Epstein told him any names.
Stewart said this 90-minute conversation was on background and could not be attributed to Epstein. But Stewart said he determined that condition expired due to Epstein’s apparent suicide in a Manhattan jail cell over the weekend.
After Epstein’s death, it was reported that he had been taken off suicide watch even though he had previously attempted suicide while incarcerated. A later report said his defense attorneys had pushed for him to be taken off suicide watch.
In his column, Stewart said that when he heard the news, he assumed those Epstein had dirt on, “must be breathing sighs of relief that whatever Mr. Epstein knew, he has taken it with him.”
If Epstein had “dirt on powerful people” – as he told @JamesStewartNYT
But also didn’t think sex with teenage girls should be considered a crime, why would such powerful people allow themselves to be exposed to a person with this type of sensibility & criminal record? https://t.co/hl4CnxA3GD
— Stephanie Ruhle (@SRuhle) August 12, 2019
The Day Jeffrey Epstein Told Me He Had Dirt on Powerful People https://t.co/ZVJbpP8NII
— Mike Cernovich (@Cernovich) August 12, 2019
I have absolutely no idea how to react to this column. Truly: The Day Jeffrey Epstein Told Me He Had Dirt on Powerful People https://t.co/55JnzCXCwm
— Kara Swisher (@karaswisher) August 12, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Fox contributor files $15M defamation suit for ‘reckless disregard for the truth’ against media outlet
- VIDEO: Michelle Obama declares she’s ‘waiting to be asked’ for help by Democratic nominee
- VIDEO: Video captures horrifying moment of deadly New Zealand volcano eruption, Americans among tourists trapped on island
- VIDEO: Witness makes admission about Ukranian phone call, Schiff jumps in to halt Nunes’s questioning
- REPORT: Mother of San Bernardino terrorist fighting DOJ over life insurance
- REPORT: Social Security announces Cost of Living increase for 2020
- EXCLUSIVE: Speculation running wild over mystery about Pelosi’s nose [PHOTOS]
- BREAKING: Chilling new details revealed about Saudi students’ actions before Florida naval base attack [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Rudy Giuliani snaps at Fox News host: ‘I’m embarrassing you’
- REPORT: Terror attack? Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis calls for gun restrictions after Pensacola shooting
Send this to a friend