REPORT: Ex-congressional candidate accused of murdering campaign treasurer
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by NYPost.com:
A former congressional candidate in Georgia was charged with murder in the shooting of her former campaign treasurer, according to officials.
Kellie Lynn Collins, 30, surrendered to authorities Thursday in McDuffie County in connection to the death of 41-year-old Curt Cain whose body was found at his home, the Augusta Chronicle reported.
The article goes on to state the following:
Collins ran as a Democrat for a 10th Congressional District seat in 2018, but reportedly dropped out of the race for personal reasons, according to the newspaper.
The shooting victim was found Tuesday night at his home in Aiken after his employer requested a welfare check, according to officials. His vehicle, a blue Subaru Legacy, was also missing from his home.
An autopsy revealed he likely died Saturday due to blood loss.
Kellie Lynn Collins, 30, was arrested by the McDuffie County Sheriff's Office on Tuesday after the Aiken County Sheriff's Office obtained warrants against her for murder and grand larceny, according to a release.https://t.co/sKxlsHQwcl
— Aiken Standard (@aikenstandard) August 9, 2018
2018 Democrat Congressional Candidate in Georgia Charged With Murder Of Her Campaign Treasurer https://t.co/MLZRHo2LO7
— Thomas Krouse (@KrouseForAD76) August 10, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by NYPost.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting NYPost.com
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts
- VIDEO: Trump admits paying off mortgage in old video clip
- REPORT: Kevin Spacey movie earns jaw-dropping meager amount on opening day
- UPDATE: Colorado girls’ bodies were submerged in crude oil for 4 days
- REPORT: Over 70 former intel officers and leaders denounce Trump’s threat to revoke clearances
- REPORT: Ex-employee ‘whistleblower’ makes disturbing allegations against Tesla
- BREAKING: Trump lawyer cooperating, sharing details for Mueller probe
- REPORT: Insider says FDNY brawl ‘one of the most severe beatings seen on tape’
- REPORT: U.S. special counsel recommends six months in prison for Papadopoulos
- REPORT: Military Judge issues stunning ruling on 9/11 Guantánamo detainees