REPORT: Ex-congressional candidate accused of murdering campaign treasurer
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by NYPost.com:
A former congressional candidate in Georgia was charged with murder in the shooting of her former campaign treasurer, according to officials.
Kellie Lynn Collins, 30, surrendered to authorities Thursday in McDuffie County in connection to the death of 41-year-old Curt Cain whose body was found at his home, the Augusta Chronicle reported.
The article goes on to state the following:
Collins ran as a Democrat for a 10th Congressional District seat in 2018, but reportedly dropped out of the race for personal reasons, according to the newspaper.
The shooting victim was found Tuesday night at his home in Aiken after his employer requested a welfare check, according to officials. His vehicle, a blue Subaru Legacy, was also missing from his home.
An autopsy revealed he likely died Saturday due to blood loss.
Kellie Lynn Collins, 30, was arrested by the McDuffie County Sheriff's Office on Tuesday after the Aiken County Sheriff's Office obtained warrants against her for murder and grand larceny, according to a release.https://t.co/sKxlsHQwcl
— Aiken Standard (@aikenstandard) August 9, 2018
2018 Democrat Congressional Candidate in Georgia Charged With Murder Of Her Campaign Treasurer https://t.co/MLZRHo2LO7
— Thomas Krouse (@KrouseForAD76) August 10, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by NYPost.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting NYPost.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Rush to judgment? New details emerge on Native American elder’s standoff with MAGA-hat-wearing teens
- VIDEO: Judge Jeanine tears Nancy Pelosi to shreds in blistering monologue, concludes with shocking image
- REPORT: Plane makes emergency landing over poison concerns after passengers start ‘turning green,’ ‘suffocating’
- VIDEO: Liz Cheney: Pelosi ‘Commandeered’ The House On DACA Issue She’s Now Voting Against
- REPORT: Boy’s mother defends son after video of encounter with Native American man
- UPDATE: Thousands sign Catholic high school petition after students harass Native American man
- TRUMP TWEETS Pelosi and economy, DML responds
- REPORT: Jimmy Carter tells Dem Senator: ‘I hope you run for president’
- REPORT: Cardi B and Tomi Lahren get into Twitter fight over government shutdown, Ocasio-Cortez wades in
- REPORT: Longtime Dem to young congress members: ‘stop acting like young people’, Ocasio-Cortez responds