REPORT: Ex-congressional candidate accused of murdering campaign treasurer
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by NYPost.com:
A former congressional candidate in Georgia was charged with murder in the shooting of her former campaign treasurer, according to officials.
Kellie Lynn Collins, 30, surrendered to authorities Thursday in McDuffie County in connection to the death of 41-year-old Curt Cain whose body was found at his home, the Augusta Chronicle reported.
The article goes on to state the following:
Collins ran as a Democrat for a 10th Congressional District seat in 2018, but reportedly dropped out of the race for personal reasons, according to the newspaper.
The shooting victim was found Tuesday night at his home in Aiken after his employer requested a welfare check, according to officials. His vehicle, a blue Subaru Legacy, was also missing from his home.
An autopsy revealed he likely died Saturday due to blood loss.
Kellie Lynn Collins, 30, was arrested by the McDuffie County Sheriff's Office on Tuesday after the Aiken County Sheriff's Office obtained warrants against her for murder and grand larceny, according to a release.https://t.co/sKxlsHQwcl
— Aiken Standard (@aikenstandard) August 9, 2018
2018 Democrat Congressional Candidate in Georgia Charged With Murder Of Her Campaign Treasurer https://t.co/MLZRHo2LO7
— Thomas Krouse (@KrouseForAD76) August 10, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by NYPost.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting NYPost.com
Trending on DML News
- CLAIM: Martin Luther King Jr had 40 affairs and laughed as friend raped woman
- On a Pacific island, a nuclear dome left behind by the US begins to crack
- DML TV
- REPORT: Arizona Gov. backs Trump on Mexico border closure
- VIDEO: Fox’s Chris Wallace challenges Graham over past comments on ignoring subpoenas
- BREAKING: Project Veritas releases bombshell undercover videos of Beto O’Rourke campaign
- REPORT: Calif. Senate passes humongous spending plan that would expand benefits to people in U.S. illegally