REPORT: Experts make prediction regarding ‘stealth’ STD which makes women infertile
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by DAILYSTAR.CO.UK:
The mycoplasma genitalium bug, known as MG, makes women infertile.
One in every 100 British adults aged 18 to 44 are already thought to be infected with the bug.
The article goes on to state the following:
Experts are warning that this figure is set to double within 10 years as it becomes untreatable.
A total of 3,000 women a year could lose the ability to have children, the British Association of Sexual Health and HIV (BASHH) said. BASHH has published the first official guidelines on management of MG on Wednesday.
Paddy Horner, of BASHH, told Daily Mail: “MG has the potential to become a superbug within a decade, resistant to standard antibiotics. “The greatest consequence of this is for the women who present with pelvic inflammatory disease caused by MG, which would be very hard to treat, putting them at increased risk of infertility.”
To weigh in on this information provided by DAILYSTAR.CO.UK, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting DAILYSTAR.CO.UK
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: One DEAD, gunman holding hostages at LA Trader Joe’s SURRENDERS
- REPORT: City Named The ‘Rat Capital’ Of The U.S.
- BREAKING: Justice Dept releases surveillance applications for former Trump aide
- BREAKING: Gunman takes hostages inside a Trader Joe’s (video)
- Trump Tweet: Statement on hostage situation at Trader Joe’s store
- VIDEO: Whoopi Goldberg: Pirro wasn’t kicked out, she left cursing at staff
- REPORT: Missouri duck boat accident takes even more tragic turn
- BREAKING: Avenatti makes shocking offer regarding Michael Cohen (video)
- DML TV: Debate breaks out on FOX about illegal aliens voting in US elections
- POLL: Should Whoopi issue a public apology to Judge Jeanine?