REPORT: Experts warn China may start ‘taking hostages’ over Huawei CFO Meng Wanzhou’s arrest
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
China could ‘take hostages’ and is almost certain to retaliate against the United States, experts say, after the stunning arrest of a top Chinese tech executive for allegedly trying to skirt sanctions on Iran.
Huawei Technologies’ chief financial officer Meng Wanzhou was arrested Saturday in Canada and faces extradition to the U.S. Meng was taken into custody on behalf of the U.S. while she was transferring flights in Vancouver, the tech company said.
The article goes on to state the following:
James Lewis, the director of technology policy at the Center for Strategic and International Studies, told Axios the U.S. should be prepared for a backlash and warned American tech executives to steer clear of China for now.
National Security Advisor @AmbJohnBolton tells @NPRinskeep he was informed in advance by DOJ of Huawei CFO Meng Wanzhou’s arrest in Canada. Bolton wouldnt give specific reasons for action, but says US has had “enormous concerns” for yrs re China stealing US intellectual property
— Ryan Lucas (@relucasz) December 6, 2018
Fox News: Huawei CFO Meng Wanzhou’s arrest may prompt China to retaliate, ‘take
hostages,’ expert says.https://t.co/atdGVRvKSc
— 김영천-대한민국 개혁 운동본부 (@pqXNvvKsHMlUhX6) December 6, 2018
What happens next is crucial. The Chinese Communist Party cannot risk damage to their reputation that the transparency of a trial will bring, and they will do everything possible to intimidate the Canadian government to send her back to China.
— Senator Ted Cruz (@SenTedCruz) December 6, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting FOXNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News
- OpEd: Venezuelan who fled socialism publishes alarming warning on Ocasio-Cortez’s ‘Green New Deal’
- REPORT: Democrat congress members took $60,000 trip to attend Beyonce concert in South Africa
- BREAKING: ‘Empire’ producers announce decision on Jussie Smollett following charges
- VIDEO: Roseanne Barr releases video blasting Ocasio-Cortez and socialism
- REPORT: Video of Ocasio-Cortez being ‘attacked’ by a dog goes viral after #NationalLoveYourPetDay
- VIDEO: Trump has a plan to deal with attempt to block emergency order
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez rips media for reporting on her new luxury high-rise
- VIDEO: State senator calls U.S. flag a ‘rag,’ compares it to Nazi symbol, GOP senator gives emotional response
- REPORT: Jussie Smollett’s legal team releases defiant statement, hints at political motive
- REPORT: State senate passes bill to keep Trump off 2020 ballot unless he releases tax returns