REPORT: Facebook addresses reason for worst outage in its history
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Facebook announced Thursday that its services – including Instagram and WhatsApp – have been restored after the most severe outage in the social media giant’s history.
The company blamed server issues for the outage, which took about one day to resolve and affected a significant number of Facebook’s 2.3 billion monthly users around the world.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Yesterday, as a result of a server configuration change, many people had trouble accessing our apps and services,” Facebook tweeted on Thursday. “We’ve now resolved the issues and our systems are recovering.”
Instagram on Wednesday evening tweeted “we’re back” after an earlier post acknowledged it was aware of an “issue impacting people’s access to Instagram.”
Yesterday, as a result of a server configuration change, many people had trouble accessing our apps and services. We’ve now resolved the issues and our systems are recovering. We’re very sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate everyone’s patience.
— Facebook (@facebook) March 14, 2019
Anddddd… we’re back. pic.twitter.com/5E8UdlcsPJ
— Instagram (@instagram) March 14, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) March 14, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: White House Communications Director suddenly resigns
- Footage of NY legislator’s embarrassing traffic stop released to the public (VIDEO)
- REPORT: CNN host calls Benghazi scandal a ‘sham’ during debate on Mueller probe
- REPORT: Buttigieg blasts ‘hypocrisy’ of evangelicals for supporting Trump
- REVEALED: Rashida Tlaib wrote column for Anti-Semitic publication in 2006
- VIDEO: Buttigieg brandishes his military service to smack Trump as a draft dodger
- BREAKING: Google employee, 22, found dead inside NYC headquarters
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts
- DML TV: President Trump and first lady Melania participate in event honoring military mothers
- The eye-opening list of donors to the Clinton Foundation (list)