REPORT: Facebook allowed tech firms special access to user data
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by NYPost.com:
Facebook granted some tech firms full access to its user data as it sought to cultivate lucrative business ties with them — long after it said it was dropping the practice because of privacy concerns, according to an explosive cache of secret documents and emails.
The social networking giant put companies like Netflix, Airbnb and Lyft on a special “white list” to sidestep privacy policies it had strengthened in 2014 and 2015 to protect its users, according to the documents, which were made public Wednesday by a UK Parliament minister.
The article goes on to state the following:
“It is not clear that there was any user consent for this, nor how Facebook decided which companies should be whitelisted or not,” Damian Collins, chair of the UK Parliament’s Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Committee, said in a statement accompanying the email excerpts and documents.
— New York Post (@nypost) December 5, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit NYPost.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting NYPost.com
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: Obama lashes out at Republicans over ruling against his ‘Obamacare’ program’, urges more people to enroll
- VIDEO: Trump makes unannounced visit to Arlington National Cemetery during laying of wreaths
- REPORT: Documents reveal urgent actions taken by Obama State Department on ‘Russiagate’ just prior to Trump inauguration
- VIDEO: Father of Guatemalan girl who died in US custody speaks out
- REPORT: John McCain’s family turns on Martha McSally
- VIDEO: Walmart employee goes rogue, uses intercom to announce he’s quitting: ‘Nobody should work here – ever!’
- BREAKING: FBI Releases Key Steele Dossier Document
- Trump Tweet: Outrage over new discovery on texts between Strzok and Page
- REPORT: As ICE releases migrant families by the hundreds, churches and businesses step up to help
- REPORT: Bombshell report contradicts Kamala Harris’s claim denying knowledge of misconduct allegations against aide