REPORT: Facebook releases internal emails discussing Cambridge Analytica in 2015
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Facebook released a set of emails on Friday showing that the company was questioning whether Cambridge Analytica was in violation of its policies as early as September 2015.
Facebook had been fighting the release of the documents as part of a lawsuit that the attorney general for Washington, D.C., filed last year over the social network’s handling of the Cambridge Analytica scandal in which the firm used Facebook data to profile and target voters in the 2016 U.S. election.
The article goes on to state the following:
The two sides had reached an agreement this week to unseal the emails while keeping certain portions redacted to protect employees’ privacy.
The article also provides the following details:
In a blog post published Friday, Facebook emphasized that “we believe this document has the potential to confuse two different events surrounding our knowledge of Cambridge Analytica.”
“Facebook was not aware that Kogan sold data to Cambridge Analytica until December 2015,” the company wrote in the blog post. “That is a fact that we have testified to under oath, that we have described to our core regulators, and that we stand by today.”
Here’s Facebook’s new statement. They are working hard to say that there’s nothing to see here because it was reported previously (by me). But the real issue is that Facebook obfuscated the timeline for more than a year when it could have just been honest. https://t.co/dcqLxWR84r pic.twitter.com/kQYIvkKomI
— Julia Carrie Wong (@juliacarriew) August 23, 2019
Document Holds the Potential for Confusion https://t.co/ZuJbmjShY9
— Facebook Newsroom (@fbnewsroom) August 23, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- FDNY says 3 injured in fire near New York City’s Times Square
- POLL: Was school right to fire teacher who pointed out illegal alien students to President Trump?
- REPORT: Biden: ‘I’ve spent as much time’ with Putin as Trump
- VIDEO: Missing Florida girl shown tied up and crying in Instagram video call, family tells police
- REPORT: GRAPHIC: Half-eaten remains of migrant found on Texas ranch near border
- REPORT: Bernie Sanders reveals what he admires about Trump
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts