REPORT: Facebook Removes 2.5 MILLION Pieces of ‘Hate Speech’ in Just Three Months
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by BREITBART.COM:
Facebook removed a staggering 2.5 million examples of “hate speech” from its platform in the first quarter of 2018, according to data released by the social network.
Facebook, which like Google is currently working on A.I. technology to identify “hate speech”, admitted that its current hate-speech-detection technology “still doesn’t work that well” and that automatically flagged content “needs to be checked by our review teams”.
Nevertheless, Facebook said that it “removed 2.5 million pieces of hate speech in Q1 2018”, and that 38 percent of it was flagged by the social network’s automated systems.
The article goes on to state the following:
The hate speech numbers were released as part of Facebook’s first “Community Standards Enforcement Report”, which contains aggregate data on some of Facebook’s enforcement actions.
Absent from the report is a precise number of how many accounts and pages have been banned or suspended from the platform over “hate speech”, and how many have been mistakenly suspended and then restored. Facebook often mistakenly suspends the accounts of prominent conservatives only to restore them later — the most recent example being Islam critic Pamela Geller.
To weigh in on this information provided by BREITBART.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
In their report, just published Tuesday, Facebook stated:
Most of the action we take to remove bad content is around spam and the fake accounts they use to distribute it. For example:
- We took down 837 million pieces of spam in Q1 2018 — nearly 100% of which we found and flagged before anyone reported it; and
- The key to fighting spam is taking down the fake accounts that spread it. In Q1, we disabled about 583 million fake accounts — most of which were disabled within minutes of registration. This is in addition to the millions of fake account attempts we prevent daily from ever registering with Facebook. Overall, we estimate that around 3 to 4% of the active Facebook accounts on the site during this time period were still fake.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting BREITBART.COM
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Should U.S. taxpayers have to fund education for illegal alien children?
- BREAKING: Two injured in Indiana school shooting, shooter in custody
- Trump Tweets: Releases a Twitter Storm against Dems!
- REPORT: Trump taps vocal anti-illegal immigration advocate for State Dept’s top refugee job
- REPORT: Obama declares he signed deal with Netflix as platform to train next generation
- Trump Tweet: Responds to North Korea’s reaction to cancelled meeting
- REPORT: Michael Flynn tweets, deletes photo of Hillary Clinton with accused sex offender
- REPORT: Estimated 7,000 bodies may be buried at former asylum
- REPORT: Stormy Daniels’ Entourage Accused of Abhorrent Behavior at Iconic Gay Nightclub
- REPORT: Customers suing McDonald’s for $5M over cheese