REPORT: Facebook responds to Biden’s request to remove Trump’s Ukraine ad
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by NYTimes.com:
WASHINGTON — The 30-second video ad released by the Trump campaign last week is grainy, and the narrator’s voice is foreboding. Former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr., it says, offered Ukraine $1 billion in aid if the country pushed out the man investigating a company tied to Mr. Biden’s son.
Saying it made false accusations, CNN immediately refused to air the advertisement.
The article goes on to state the following:
But Facebook did not, and on Tuesday, the social network rejected a request from Mr. Biden’s presidential campaign to take it down, foreshadowing a continuing fight over misinformation on the service during the 2020 election as well as the impeachment inquiry into President Trump.
In their letter, Facebook told the Biden campaign that the ad did not violate company policies. Last month Facebook announced they would not censor content by politicians and their campaigns.
Below is the ad, which also is on YouTube:
NYT v Facebook alive and well. The article doesn’t mention that the ad is also on YouTube and Twitter til the second-to-last paragraph. It also treats CNN’s decision not to air the ad like a righteous moral stand, as opposed to a marketing/PR play.https://t.co/evlKEjop6r
— Dylan Byers (@DylanByers) October 9, 2019
Facebook denied a request from Joe Biden’s campaign to take down a video ad by President Donald Trump’s reelection campaign that falsely accuses the former vice president of corruption for his role in Ukraine policy during the Obama administration. https://t.co/zMT97EMWyK
— CNN (@CNN) October 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit NYTimes.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Wife of former New Jersey mayor found dead from self-inflicted gunshot
- REPORT: The Nurse Was Holding Up. Then Her 3 Close Relatives Were Brought In.
- UPDATE: New York’s darkest day: Cuomo gives stunning new figures on state’s coronavirus deaths
- VIDEO: Here’s when New York’s coronavirus apex is likely to hit
- REPORT: Leaked papers reveal SHOCKING coronavirus cases, deaths that US hospitals are secretly preparing for
- REPORT: Maryland governor issues emergency order in response to coronavirus spread
- BREAKING: China makes admission about coronavirus whistleblower doctor punished by police, who died from the virus
- REPORT: NY hospitals treating coronavirus patients with VITAMIN after promising results
- VIDEO: Dr. Fauci estimates when social distancing guidelines can be lifted
- VIDEO: Rats swarm city’s streets as coronavirus precautions leave them empty