REPORT: Facebook responds to Biden’s request to remove Trump’s Ukraine ad

OCTOBER 9, 2019

Below is a report that DML News gives a 4 OUT OF 4 STARS trustworthiness rating. We base this rating on the following criteria:

  • Provides named sources
  • Reported by more than one notable outlet
  • Does not insert opinion or leading words
  • Includes supporting video, direct statements, or photos

Click here to read more about our rating system.

As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by NYTimes.com:

WASHINGTON — The 30-second video ad released by the Trump campaign last week is grainy, and the narrator’s voice is foreboding. Former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr., it says, offered Ukraine $1 billion in aid if the country pushed out the man investigating a company tied to Mr. Biden’s son.

Saying it made false accusations, CNN immediately refused to air the advertisement.

The article goes on to state the following:

But Facebook did not, and on Tuesday, the social network rejected a request from Mr. Biden’s presidential campaign to take it down, foreshadowing a continuing fight over misinformation on the service during the 2020 election as well as the impeachment inquiry into President Trump.

In their letter, Facebook told the Biden campaign that the ad did not violate company policies. Last month Facebook announced they would not censor content by politicians and their campaigns.

Below is the ad, which also is on YouTube:

 

To get more information about this article, please visit NYTimes.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *