REPORT: Family Arrivals at US-Mexico Border Surge in August
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by KNAU.ORG:
More than 16,000 families were apprehended at the border in August, authorities said Wednesday, a dramatic increase from previous months that the Trump administration blamed on legal loopholes and a reversal of a widely denounced policy that separated parents and children at the border.
The number of family arrivals reached 15,955, a sharp increase from July that Customs and Border Protection Commissioner Kevin McAleenan said was one of the highest on record. Families accounted for more than one-third people who were stopped at the border.
The article goes on to state the following:
He called the increase “a direct response to gaps in the legal framework,” adding, “we’re not surprised by it, but it’s been a very stark trend.”
The arrest tally is also the latest reminder of how border crossings have shifted over the last decade from predominantly Mexican men to Central American families and children.
SAN DIEGO (AP) — A surge in people coming to the U.S. illegally as families has contributed to an increase of illegal crossings from Mexico.
The number of family arrivals reached nearly 16,000 in August, a sharp increase from July.
— Zeke Miller (@ZekeJMiller) September 12, 2018
The Border Patrol arrested dramatically more immigrant families at the U.S.-Mexico border in August compared to previous months. https://t.co/wEbqSQoIc4
— Las Cruces Sun-News (@CrucesSunNews) September 13, 2018
— The Mexico Institute (@MexicoInstitute) September 13, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by KNAU.ORG, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting KNAU.ORG
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Christine Blasey Ford, accuser of Brett Kavanaugh, will testify in open hearing
- CLAIM: New Kavanaugh bombshell hinted at by news aggregator: ‘Another Woman?’
- REPORT: Brett Kavanaugh has records from 1982 that may help his defense against allegations
- BREAKING: Michael Avenatti representing woman with ‘credible information’ about Brett Kavanaugh
- REPORT: Grassley releases letter detailing Kavanaugh sexual assault allegation
- REPORT: Poll shows how many people want FBI to investigate Kavanaugh allegation
- REPORT: Brett Kavanaugh defends himself against second sexual misconduct accusation
- VIDEO: Democrat reveals what she’ll grill Brett Kavanaugh about at hearing
- BREAKING: New Allegation of Sexual Misconduct From Kavanaugh’s College Years
- REPORT: Former Trump aide steps down from CNN role amid claims he drugged woman he got pregnant