REPORT: Fate of Manafort lies in hands of anti-Bush judge appointed by Obama
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
The judge who will sentence former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort in federal court was appointed by President Barack Obama, backed John Kerry for the White House in 2004, and suggested that George W. Bush stole the presidency in 2000.
Judge Amy Berman Jackson of the D.C. District Court has ruled for the Obama administration against the Catholic Church and for Hillary Clinton against the families of those killed in Benghazi. She has already sparred fiercely with Manafort’s legal team, setting the stage for a much tougher sentence than the less than four years imposed by Judge T.S. Ellis III,, a former U.S. Navy fighter pilot appointed by President Ronald Reagan.
The article goes on to state the following:
Manafort, 69, faces up to 10 years in prison for the two conspiracy charges Jackson is considering. He is due to be sentenced Wednesday. If Jackson opts for the maximum, that could effectively be a life sentence, especially if she rules that Manafort’s two sentences should run consecutively. While Ellis often criticized special counsel Robert Mueller, Jackson has aligned herself with him.
“I think she’s going to whack it to him,” Harvard law professor Alan Dershowitz remarked this week. “The last thing I’d want is to be sentenced by her.”
Where Ellis signaled sympathy for Manafort throughout his Virginia trial, Jackson has given no indications she is inclined toward leniency. She has revoked Manafort’s bail for witness tampering allegations, imprisoning him during his trial, and agreed with Mueller that Manafort broke his plea deal.
CLICK THE LINK BELOW to read more of this report.
The judge who will sentence former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort in federal court was appointed by President Obama, backed John Kerry for the White House in 2004, and suggested that George W. Bush stole the presidency in 2000. https://t.co/F6HXNNbmK1 via @JerryDunleavy
— Evan Rosenfeld (@Evan_Rosenfeld) March 13, 2019
Fun fact: Judge Amy Berman Jackson’s son Matt became a viral Internet sensation during his 13-episode winning streak on Jeopardy in 2015. He said: “My mom is white, liberal, and Jewish. And my dad is black, Christian, and conservative.” https://t.co/twEReEaFGN
— Toby Harnden (@tobyharnden) March 13, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: Comey responds to conclusions on Mueller report with only three words, DML responds
- REPORT: Dr Dre says his daughter got into USC on her own despite $70m donation
- EXCLUSIVE: Eric Trump speaks out on Mueller report, sends message to CNN’s Acosta
- REPORT: Dem 2020 candidate says: Trump ‘Should Never Have Been Able to Come Within Cheating Distance of the Oval Office’
- REPORT: Alyssa Milano urges Hollywood to boycott Georgia over ‘heartbeat’ abortion bill
- Bette Midler goes into meltdown on Twitter, DML makes dig
- REPORT: Sen. Graham sends ominous tweet to Comey
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez lashes out against Trump and his supporters in Twitter rant
- REPORT: Ivanka Trump quotes Abraham Lincoln in response to Mueller report findings
- BREAKING: Second Parkland shooting survivor commits suicide