REPORT: Fate of Manafort lies in hands of anti-Bush judge appointed by Obama
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
The judge who will sentence former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort in federal court was appointed by President Barack Obama, backed John Kerry for the White House in 2004, and suggested that George W. Bush stole the presidency in 2000.
Judge Amy Berman Jackson of the D.C. District Court has ruled for the Obama administration against the Catholic Church and for Hillary Clinton against the families of those killed in Benghazi. She has already sparred fiercely with Manafort’s legal team, setting the stage for a much tougher sentence than the less than four years imposed by Judge T.S. Ellis III,, a former U.S. Navy fighter pilot appointed by President Ronald Reagan.
The article goes on to state the following:
Manafort, 69, faces up to 10 years in prison for the two conspiracy charges Jackson is considering. He is due to be sentenced Wednesday. If Jackson opts for the maximum, that could effectively be a life sentence, especially if she rules that Manafort’s two sentences should run consecutively. While Ellis often criticized special counsel Robert Mueller, Jackson has aligned herself with him.
“I think she’s going to whack it to him,” Harvard law professor Alan Dershowitz remarked this week. “The last thing I’d want is to be sentenced by her.”
Where Ellis signaled sympathy for Manafort throughout his Virginia trial, Jackson has given no indications she is inclined toward leniency. She has revoked Manafort’s bail for witness tampering allegations, imprisoning him during his trial, and agreed with Mueller that Manafort broke his plea deal.
CLICK THE LINK BELOW to read more of this report.
The judge who will sentence former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort in federal court was appointed by President Obama, backed John Kerry for the White House in 2004, and suggested that George W. Bush stole the presidency in 2000. https://t.co/F6HXNNbmK1 via @JerryDunleavy
— Evan Rosenfeld (@Evan_Rosenfeld) March 13, 2019
Fun fact: Judge Amy Berman Jackson’s son Matt became a viral Internet sensation during his 13-episode winning streak on Jeopardy in 2015. He said: “My mom is white, liberal, and Jewish. And my dad is black, Christian, and conservative.” https://t.co/twEReEaFGN
— Toby Harnden (@tobyharnden) March 13, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- DML Monday night, quick Walk & Talk May 20
- POLL: Should Don Lemon be fired for his racist statement against white men?
- REPORT: American ex-Taliban militant set to walk free
- REPORT: Twitter user who asked Warren for help with her love life says they spoke on the phone
- REPORT: Buttigieg appears on cover of gay magazine [PHOTO]
- REPORT: House Democrat shares text exchange with son about impeaching Trump
- BREAKING: Shooting leaves 5 schools on lockdown as cops hunt for killer on loose
- VIDEO: The twisted motive behind the alleged murder-for-hire plot that’s rocked the NYPD
- VIDEO: Dems use hearing to repeatedly quiz, stump Ben Carson on obscure acronyms
- NYC law professor bashes white people in op-ed