REPORT: FBI Agents Association demands end to shutdown
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
An advocacy organization representing thousands of current and former FBI agents is calling on President Trump and Congress to fund the Justice Department, saying the partial government shutdown is threatening operations.
The FBI Agents Association on Thursday released a petition describing the shutdown as a matter of national security, urging leaders in Washington to reopen the government.
“On Friday, January 11, 2019, FBI Agents will not be paid due to the partial government shutdown, but we will continue our work protecting our nation,” the petition reads. “We urge our elected representatives to fund the Department of Justice (‘DOJ’) and the FBI because financial security is a matter of national security.”
The article goes on to state the following:
“The men and women of the FBI proudly serve this nation and are honored to protect our country and Constitution from all threats, foreign and domestic,” the petition reads. “We are confident that our leaders share this commitment to protecting our country and will find a path forward to fund the DOJ and the FBI.”
“As those on the frontlines in the fight against criminals and terrorists, we urge expediency before financial insecurity compromises national security,” it says.
The FBI Agents Association says the partial government shutdown is impacting the FBI's ability to carry out investigations and national security operations.
— TicToc by Bloomberg (@tictoc) January 10, 2019
JUST IN: FBI Agents Association calls on Pres. Trump, Congress to fund DOJ, FBI amid shutdown: "As those on the frontlines in the fight against criminals and terrorists, we urge expediency before financial insecurity compromises national security." https://t.co/SKhNq3UwV7 pic.twitter.com/yI0mTKTi2c
— ABC News (@ABC) January 10, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) January 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Do you view Trump’s attacks on McCain as disrespectful?
- TRUMP TWEET: Big announcement and a VERY touching video
- EXCLUSIVE: American businessman proves in 3 minutes why Ocasio-Cortez is all wrong on socialism (VIDEO)
- VIDEO: AOC fires back at Ingraham over guest’s ‘Latina thing’ comment
- VIDEO: Jim Jordan’s letter to AG on bias may have prompted high-level departures from Mueller’s team
- VIDEO: Kellyanne Conway weighs in on Trump & husband dispute
- REPORT: Hope Hicks, AMI agree to turn over documents for House probe into Trump
- REPORT: Police chief’s daughter kills self, 2 kids in murder-suicide
- VIDEO: Fox News Hosts Tear Into Trump Over John McCain Attacks
- EXCLUSIVE: DML responds to Rep. Rashida Tlaib’s tweet about “white supremacy”