REPORT: FBI Agents Association demands end to shutdown
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
An advocacy organization representing thousands of current and former FBI agents is calling on President Trump and Congress to fund the Justice Department, saying the partial government shutdown is threatening operations.
The FBI Agents Association on Thursday released a petition describing the shutdown as a matter of national security, urging leaders in Washington to reopen the government.
“On Friday, January 11, 2019, FBI Agents will not be paid due to the partial government shutdown, but we will continue our work protecting our nation,” the petition reads. “We urge our elected representatives to fund the Department of Justice (‘DOJ’) and the FBI because financial security is a matter of national security.”
The article goes on to state the following:
“The men and women of the FBI proudly serve this nation and are honored to protect our country and Constitution from all threats, foreign and domestic,” the petition reads. “We are confident that our leaders share this commitment to protecting our country and will find a path forward to fund the DOJ and the FBI.”
“As those on the frontlines in the fight against criminals and terrorists, we urge expediency before financial insecurity compromises national security,” it says.
The FBI Agents Association says the partial government shutdown is impacting the FBI's ability to carry out investigations and national security operations.
— TicToc by Bloomberg (@tictoc) January 10, 2019
JUST IN: FBI Agents Association calls on Pres. Trump, Congress to fund DOJ, FBI amid shutdown: "As those on the frontlines in the fight against criminals and terrorists, we urge expediency before financial insecurity compromises national security." https://t.co/SKhNq3UwV7 pic.twitter.com/yI0mTKTi2c
— ABC News (@ABC) January 10, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) January 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: White House explains bandage on Trump’s hand, Twitter goes wild (PHOTOS)
- BREAKING: Pelosi sends letter to Trump on his State of the Union address
- VIDEO: Clemson Tigers get ANOTHER meal invite after Trump’s fast-food meal
- REPORT: Kremlin responds to theory of Trump being a ‘Russian agent’
- VIDEO: Border ranchers share alarm about prayer rugs found on their property
- REPORT: Clemson quarterback says White House quote is fake
- REPORT: Rashida Tlaib lambasts ‘right wing media’ over coverage of picture with pro-Hezbollah activist
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez, freshmen Dems attempt to hand deliver request to McConnell (pictures)
- REPORT: House passes relief bill to fund government, six Republicans vote with Dems
- REPORT: NBCUniversal Chief makes admission on Megyn Kelly