REPORT: FDA issues warning about potentially contaminated chocolates, caramels
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by USATODAY.COM:
Candy sold by a Kentucky company and QVC is being voluntarily recalled for fear that it might be contaminated with hepatitis A, according to a U.S. Food and Drug recall notice.
Bauer’s Candies’ famous Modjeskas, individually-wrapped marshmallow candies dipped in chocolate or caramel, came in contact with a facility worker who tested positive for the contagious liver disease. Customers who purchased the gourmet candies after Nov. 14 should throw the candies away, according to the FDA.
The article goes on to state the following:
The employee who tested positive for the virus worked at the company until Nov. 23. Anna Bauer, president of Bauer’s Candies, said in a statement that the company voluntarily discarded all in-house candy, sanitized equipment and began working with federal state agencies after learning of the possible contamination. She said no candy products made after Nov. 25 were affected.
Customers who purchased these chocolate and caramel gourmet candies after Nov. 14 should throw them out. https://t.co/X4gJOGTK6H
— USA TODAY (@USATODAY) January 9, 2019
Bauer’s Chocolate, Caramel Candies May Be Contaminated With Hepatitis A, Officials Warn https://t.co/hkg7Ffjzgf
— CBS Philly (@CBSPhilly) January 10, 2019
Candy sold by a Kentucky company and QVC is being voluntarily recalled for fear that it might be contaminated with hepatitis A, according to a U.S. Food and Drug recall notice. https://t.co/UV1bYlxJg3
— Bruno J. Navarro (@Bruno_J_Navarro) January 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit USATODAY.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting USATODAY.COM
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Pelosi sends letter to Trump on his State of the Union address
- REPORT: White House explains bandage on Trump’s hand, Twitter goes wild (PHOTOS)
- REPORT: Kremlin responds to theory of Trump being a ‘Russian agent’
- VIDEO: Border ranchers share alarm about prayer rugs found on their property
- VIDEO: Clemson Tigers get ANOTHER meal invite after Trump’s fast-food meal
- REPORT: Clemson quarterback says White House quote is fake
- REPORT: Rashida Tlaib lambasts ‘right wing media’ over coverage of picture with pro-Hezbollah activist
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez, freshmen Dems attempt to hand deliver request to McConnell (pictures)
- REPORT: NBCUniversal Chief makes admission on Megyn Kelly
- REPORT: House passes relief bill to fund government, six Republicans vote with Dems