REPORT: FDA issues warning about potentially contaminated chocolates, caramels
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by USATODAY.COM:
Candy sold by a Kentucky company and QVC is being voluntarily recalled for fear that it might be contaminated with hepatitis A, according to a U.S. Food and Drug recall notice.
Bauer’s Candies’ famous Modjeskas, individually-wrapped marshmallow candies dipped in chocolate or caramel, came in contact with a facility worker who tested positive for the contagious liver disease. Customers who purchased the gourmet candies after Nov. 14 should throw the candies away, according to the FDA.
The article goes on to state the following:
The employee who tested positive for the virus worked at the company until Nov. 23. Anna Bauer, president of Bauer’s Candies, said in a statement that the company voluntarily discarded all in-house candy, sanitized equipment and began working with federal state agencies after learning of the possible contamination. She said no candy products made after Nov. 25 were affected.
Customers who purchased these chocolate and caramel gourmet candies after Nov. 14 should throw them out. https://t.co/X4gJOGTK6H
— USA TODAY (@USATODAY) January 9, 2019
Bauer’s Chocolate, Caramel Candies May Be Contaminated With Hepatitis A, Officials Warn https://t.co/hkg7Ffjzgf
— CBS Philly (@CBSPhilly) January 10, 2019
Candy sold by a Kentucky company and QVC is being voluntarily recalled for fear that it might be contaminated with hepatitis A, according to a U.S. Food and Drug recall notice. https://t.co/UV1bYlxJg3
— Bruno J. Navarro (@Bruno_J_Navarro) January 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit USATODAY.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Rep. Gaetz makes rare move to join Dem on amendment to block Trump on Iran
- BREAKING: Minnesota Lawmaker Calls For Ethics Investigation Into Rep. Ilhan Omar [VIDEO]
- UPDATE: David Ortiz shooting: Authorities reveal plot to kill ‘Big Papi’, 6 detained
- REPORT: DNA tests reveal shocking percentage of suspected fraudulent migrant families were unrelated
- VIDEO: Trump presents Medal of Honor to Staff Sergeant David Bellavia
- REPORT: Tear Gas And Cages: What Immigration Enforcement Looked Like Under Vice President Joe Biden (PICTURES)
- BREAKING: Podium placement for first Democratic debate revealed
- REPORT: Gillibrand announces progress toward securing 9/11 victim benefits
- Text messages discredit anti-gun march organizer’s alleged statement claiming Hunter Pollack was invited to speak at march
- REPORT: Iranian president lashes out with insult at Trump White House amid new sanctions