REPORT: Federal court calls delay of Obama rule ‘arbitrary and capricious’ in blow to Trump admin
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by APNEWS.COM:
WASHINGTON (AP) — A federal court has ruled that it was “arbitrary and capricious” for Education Secretary Betsy DeVos to delay an Obama-era rule meant to protect students swindled by for-profit colleges. The decision is a significant blow to the Trump administration’s attempt to ease regulations for the industry.
A judge in the nation’s capital ruled on Wednesday in favor of Democratic attorneys general from 19 states and the District of Columbia and former students. They had sued DeVos over her decision last year to postpone the rules finalized under President Barack Obama.
The article goes on to state the following:
DeVos had argued those rules created “a muddled process that’s unfair to students and schools.”
Judge Randolph Moss said DeVos’ rationale for freezing the regulation contained a “fundamental and unexplained inconsistency.”
Department spokeswoman Liz Hill said the agency was reviewing the ruling.
It was not immediately clear what further action the court might take. The judge ordered that both parties appear for a status conference on Friday to “address remedies.”
U.S. District Court Judge Randolph Moss ruled that Betsy DeVos’ delays of Obama-era loan forgiveness policies for defrauded students were illegal https://t.co/IlUNWTi10P
— The Daily Beast (@thedailybeast) September 13, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by APNEWS.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting APNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Ronald Reagan’s daughter makes statement on Trump’s presidency
- REPORT: Former GOP governor expected to primary Trump in 2020 calls him a “national embarrassment”
- REPORT: Top Dem’s massive probe of President Trump hits a snag
- VIDEO: CNN’s Jim Acosta complains about Rose Garden press conference where he didn’t get a question
- REPORT: Conway punches back after Trump calls him ‘husband from hell’
- REPORT: Republican shames Ilhan Omar in blistering op-ed
- VIDEO: DML WARNS: Fox News will screw President Trump
- TRUMP TWEET: Launches vicious new attack against Kellyanne Conway’s husband
- TRUMP TWEET: Big announcement and a VERY touching video
- Trump administration proposes cuts to e-verify 2020